Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Acute Anxiety when Pigeon Baby Ate by Dog  (Read 163 times)

Offline techc

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Acute Anxiety when Pigeon Baby Ate by Dog
« on: January 11, 2014, 10:57:55 AM »
Hi,

I am suffering from generalized anxiety and it keeps on fluctuating depending on the situation. But today I am feeling it way more than what I used to feel before.

Actually there were two pigeon's baby on our balcony. Today we were cleaning the balcony, suddenly the pigeon's babies tried to fly but unfortunately they fell on the road and instantly eaten  by dogs. I saw this and since then I am feeling very anxious. I am feeling that I could have saved them but I thought they would fly but they didn't.

I don't know what is happening to me. I am thinking about them again and again :question:. Because of that my anxiety is increased by 100 folds.

Please suggest what to do....to calm this situation.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Acute Anxiety when Pigeon Baby Ate by Dog
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 01:23:05 PM »
Hi,

As distressing as the event was, you need to accept that we cannot control events.

What you can do is to decide to accept the event for what it is and, at best, perhaps decide what you might do the next time there is a pigeon's baby on your balcony . . . perhaps, you can discourage pigeons from coming to your balcony; perhaps you can decide if there is a pigeon's nest there, you will not clean the balcony until the little birds have flown away . . . .

I know that you would want to save them, but you couldn't . . . you need to tell yourself that you will learn from this, plan what might be a good plan for you if the event happens again, and go on . . . .I know that this is not the best solution for you because you would want to undo what has already happened, but we cannot . . . I don't know if this helps, but try it and let us know how you are doing . . .KC
Bookmark and Share

Offline techc

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Acute Anxiety when Pigeon Baby Ate by Dog
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 11:24:24 PM »
Thanks for your support, yes I know we can't control things beyond our reach but still I can't able to calm down my mind. But still I am trying...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: