Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Mitral and aortic mild regurgitation  (Read 309 times)

Offline vtecturbo

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Mitral and aortic mild regurgitation
« on: January 11, 2014, 09:56:08 AM »
Anyone pls help me. I had anxiety and panic disorder for 8 yrs. one year ago, I felt twitching in my chest .. Went to a cardio n put on monitor 24hrs. Showed skipped beats of 461. No other abnormalities. I related to my anxiety and drank Passion flower tea. It helps to bring the skipped beats down 50%. On and off the skipped beats came .. Recently it came back with full vengeance and I saw a cardio again. 381 skipped beats but this time showed T waves abnormal. Went for echo and the results were clean except for mild regurition of the mitral and aortic valves.  This send me to full state of panic !!!! I'm age 35 n healthy weight. No junk food most time of my life and 100% alcohol free.. Now I read that this 2 valve is a lifelong disorder n basically only healthy lifestyle to prolong severity in the long run.
Now that my current symptoms are the skipped beats every now n then. I get easily startled at the slightest thing!! I had no control at all.. If the skipped beats are link to my mitral and aortic regurgitation , n this valve problem apparently had no cure. Then how am I going to live with this skipped beats which are caused by them??

Ppl tried beta blockers etc heart medi and have all the side effects which I hope I wouldn need. I'm suffering panic disorder together with heart issues at this point of time in my life..!! It's not something like flu or bruised which u know they will get well... Anyone with help or similar encounter pls help me!!
I'm living in agony
Bookmark and Share

Offline ceh1354

• Rec's: 13
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
Re: Mitral and aortic mild regurgitation
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 10:41:18 AM »
Did your cardio show concern over the valve regurgitation? I had an echocardiogram several years back and the Holter monitor as well. Mine showed mild regurgitation. I was told it wasn't anything to worry about, and that many people have this. It's to what degree it happens that they look at, and mild is not worrisome.
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Offline vtecturbo

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 01:06:02 PM »
The dr say is mild n need follow up. But It seems I have both mitral and aortic. Are they same or different? Wat are your symptoms since u wore a holter n echo?
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 01:07:04 PM »
My clients son is a cardiologist as well as a friend of mine is also a cardiologist. They both told me that
we all have some regurgitation.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline ceh1354

• Rec's: 13
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 01:41:04 PM »
Marc, I was told the same.
To be honest with you, I don't know much about it. Mitral and aortic are different valves. Regurgitation means that a little blood leaks out of the valve as it closes.
One time I went to a Dr's appt and my heart rate was really high (150). She gave me an EKG on the spot, showed nothing abnormal, but she still sent me to the cardio for the other tests. That's when I found out about the mild regurgitation. One of my blood pressure meds also helps to keep heart rate down and I have no problems at all.
Did he say when to follow up? Months? Years?
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Offline vtecturbo

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 01:22:36 PM »
The cardio did not tell me when to follow up., he jux said kiv and to report sick if symptoms worsen. Some ppl got MVP related anxiety disorder, some the opposite. I read in many website that most research  agree that they are link one way or another.. I googled n googled, worry n worry until my eyes n mind are tired. The worst an anxiety sufferer can find out is that the symptoms are no longer imaginary but triggered by "real" things .. I think most of us here are not afraid to die, becos life is unpredictable .. But most of us here is afraid to suffer the symptoms than dying straight away.
I don know y I'm talking like this. I got friends who drink smoke eat like nobody business n yet had no bodily symptoms .. Even if they have some health issues,most of them are aldy older of age and no longer too bothered by them jux follow medical advices .. Unlike some of us here, always follow by the book, and suffer terrible disorder jux becos of "bad genes" . I'm beginning to accept that life is aldy destined. Of cos I still encourage everyone to seek medical care early whether symptoms are real anot... But I try to accept life as it is.. Fighting anxiety is ANXIETY! So I'm really tired mentally .. Googling for years on different symptoms .. Spending lots of money on medication.. Avoiding lotsa food that most ppl enjoy, avoid places that most ppl like , eventually still didn't live better than others... Stopping ourself to do all the things that most ppl enjoy example ,certain food, avoiding crowds, n other things that would trigger my symptoms , yes indeed stopping myself from enjoying certain activities did lower my symptoms, but so did my level of happiness .. So the more symptoms u have lesser the lesser happiness I have... I damn tired fighting this disorder....I guess I'm going to accept fate as it is..
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 01:33:10 PM »
They seemed to be more concerned about the ejection fraction which measures your hearts pumping ability.
It is supposed to be in the 55-60% range. (echo measures the %) From what I have been told, the regurgitation is
not regularly monitored unless there is an issue or symptoms develop.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: