Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I'm being stupid  (Read 214 times)

Offline shanny63

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm being stupid
« on: January 11, 2014, 01:41:52 AM »
ok went to my sons wedding on the weekend just gone....i stood on a stick and it scratched my ankle..afterwards someone told me there were bats in the area..im terrified of bats and rabies even though i live in australia....been worried ever since...what if a bat spat or peed or pooed on the stick...could i get infected?? my sister who is a nurse said no worries...can some one else tell me I'm being stupid please..i have severe health anxiety..

Bookmark and Share

Offline alphamuomega

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm being stupid
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 05:46:53 AM »
rabies cannot be passed down via bat poop Guano or bat urine the same goes for all mammals that can contract the virus, rabies can only be contracted by the saliva of a rabid animal.

i too was scared of getting rabies from a bat i understand what your going threw, i was scared of nothing as the bat din't even touch me just flew over me, and the fact that it is flying perfectly would indicate it doesn't have rabies as a bat with rabies would be unable to fly.

which is where people would get rabies by handling a downed bat with out the correct protection.

also if the bat spat on the stick the rabies virus would have become defective within a few seconds to minutes and the chance of that happening is very low as bats don't spit, and rabid bats don't foam at the mouth so they would not drool onto the stick.

so you have nothing to worry about.

hope i could help relief your anxiety if not just say so and ill see what i can do to convince you that you don't have rabies.

be safe around wild animals don't approach them.

and i can assure you, you do not have rabies.

:happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 06:00:36 AM »
Yes. You are been stupid. You said it. Not me. Think you have more chance of winning the lottery. Just a bad irrational thought. So far fetched you can almost laugh at it.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline shanny63

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 03:23:01 AM »
thank you both for your replies...i hate having health anxiety it makes my brain think the stupidest things...thank u for your support... ;*)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: