Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: How to find a job with SA ?  (Read 441 times)

Offline mentaldesorder

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
How to find a job with SA ?
« on: January 10, 2014, 06:15:52 PM »
I ahve to find a job but it is to o hard for me. do you have some advice or something?? Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline Radiant_Nebula

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: How to find a job with SA ?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 03:08:23 PM »
I would love to hear any advice also! I am having the same problem. I recently graduated college and have had jobs before but most of them entailed being alone all the time. Now that I've graduated I am going to have to deal with jobs where it will not be possible to be on my own. I hope you can find comfort in the fact that you are not alone and I am struggling with the same question  :happy0151:. I would love to see what advice someone who has a job will be able to offer!
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 209
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 03:24:32 PM »
Just give it a try!!  I have found that working actually takes my mind OFF the anxiety!  Until you find a job and give it a try, you won't know how you'll react.  Find a job that seems challenging to you, so that you do have to keep your mind occupied to perform the job!  You guys can do it!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Isa

• Mood: Relieved
    Relieved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 08:20:50 PM »
I am only able to work about 10 hours per week at the moment, I work as a receptionist/trainer at an exercise club. It does entail some pretty heavy social interactions at time, which can be difficult to manage, but I think that keeping myself exposed at least just the 10 hours a week helps me to at least get out of the house three days a week. So you might try a part time job at first, or ask if you could start part time and work towards full time. My employer is aware of my social anxiety disorder and has been really great at letting me maintain a pretty even work schedule.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: