Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: My tip for those worried about sporadic fatal insomnia  (Read 702 times)

Offline sctt033

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My tip for those worried about sporadic fatal insomnia
« on: January 10, 2014, 04:30:07 PM »
Currently I am dealing with my own bout of insomnia, worried as heck that it could be SFI, but I got two restful nights sleep wednesday and yesterday though with the slight help of unizone, I thought about it like this, look up every one making a topic about this disease, I gaurentee you there are 100s of people online making post about this disease or having it.

Yet zero reports of any one actually ever having it since one lady back in 2005, who seemed to already have a bunch of other things going on, numerous surgeries etc. I go on google.com and search the news for this disease nothing, and if you are a minority and young <30, your odds of having this disease are almost 0. Even if you are caucasion your odds of this disease is extremely low. Think of the powerball, its like winning the powerball twice back to back then being struck by lightning afterwards.

If you put this in your mind it should make the anxiety of this disease much easier, and while I still require unizone to sleep, previous no medications were really working, not zzzquil, not even a strong muscle relaxer would help me sleep because my mind would race, this disease is so rare that if you dont have the genetic link, its possible it doesnt even exist in the SFI form at the moment and thats all you need to think about. Just my helpful info.
Bookmark and Share

Offline JCWest

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: My tip for those worried about sporadic fatal insomnia
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 07:51:53 PM »
This is a good post, thanks for putting it up. We're all on edge here, and the incessant posts about this extremely rare disease do not help anyone. I think we can all re-assure each other we don't have this disease!
Bookmark and Share

Offline sctt033

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 09:57:18 AM »
This is a good post, thanks for putting it up. We're all on edge here, and the incessant posts about this extremely rare disease do not help anyone. I think we can all re-assure each other we don't have this disease!

Thank you, I see a lot of people including myself having this disease, and I ask myself if it even exist even in its sporadic form any more. A majority of us suffer from hypochondria and anxiety are two of the worst things a person can suffer from, cause if you have anxiety of a disease you can suffer all the symptoms of that disease and not even have it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dcba

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 01:36:53 PM »
Thank you!
I just signed up on this forum and I wanted to write post about my insomnia when I saw your post, I have had insomnia since two weeks(I had insomnia 2 years ago too but I beat disease with strong will and Hydroxizinum ;D
I know that my problem with the insomnia is related to fact that I slept too long during Christmas.
Therefore I read about SFI, I am(was) very frightened and I had sweating at night.
Sometimes I fall asleep, I begin to dream and suddenly I wake up after 15 minutes.
Another time my dream is very shallow and when I wake up I'm not even sleepy.
I know that in my age(17) SFI is rather impossible but even when I'm quite relaxed I fall asleep about five or six AM.
When I get Xanax(0,25 or 0,50) I sleep good but only 6-7 hours, Stilnox is worst, Hydroxizinum 25 mg dosen't work(I have only brain fog).
However I don't like drugs and I'm always trying to sleep normal.

Has anyone had similar symptoms?

PS. I'm sorry for my english.

Bookmark and Share

Offline sctt033

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 03:48:43 PM »
Thank you!
I just signed up on this forum and I wanted to write post about my insomnia when I saw your post, I have had insomnia since two weeks(I had insomnia 2 years ago too but I beat disease with strong will and Hydroxizinum ;D
I know that my problem with the insomnia is related to fact that I slept too long during Christmas.
Therefore I read about SFI, I am(was) very frightened and I had sweating at night.
Sometimes I fall asleep, I begin to dream and suddenly I wake up after 15 minutes.
Another time my dream is very shallow and when I wake up I'm not even sleepy.
I know that in my age(17) SFI is rather impossible but even when I'm quite relaxed I fall asleep about five or six AM.
When I get Xanax(0,25 or 0,50) I sleep good but only 6-7 hours, Stilnox is worst, Hydroxizinum 25 mg dosen't work(I have only brain fog).
However I don't like drugs and I'm always trying to sleep normal.

Has anyone had similar symptoms?

PS. I'm sorry for my english.

Honestly SFI shouldnt be a fragment of your imagination, but insomnia is very serious and not always is the answer anxiety. The real scary and real problems out there could also be heart issues as well or thyroid issues, etc. there are a TON other dangerous real problems out there thats why you should not always accept anxiety as the answer, get with your doctor and have him run test and bloodwork. Sporadic Fatal Insomnia exist just as much as freddy krueger.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dcba

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 07:29:20 AM »
I am the hypochondriac :winking0008: therefore I have current blood test etc.
Perhaps my insomnia is related which allergy witch recently intensified.
But I am pretty sure that it is anxiety and dysregulation of the biological clock.
When I fall asleep I'm starting to be afraid and I can't fall asleep, after Xanax I sleep good but I wake up to early.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: