Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: MRI Results not what I want to hear.... :(  (Read 374 times)

Offline FreakOutQueen

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
MRI Results not what I want to hear.... :(
« on: January 10, 2014, 04:21:53 PM »
Hi all,

I am FREAKING out! My doctor said my MRI showed a small bone lesion near my spine on my tenth rib. He doesn't think it's cancerous due to the shape and lack of swelling around it, but I am not convinced. I have a follow up appointment with him on Monday to go over the results. Are there any other tests you think I should ask to have? Bone Scan? CT Scan? I'm not sure what to ask for. Is it perhaps metastasized cancer to my ribs or would my chest MRI have shown that? I am really scared.

HELP!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: MRI Results not what I want to hear.... :(
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 06:36:04 PM »
Just wanted to say I am thinking about you. I can't answer any of your questions. I would ask the doctor all of those and ask for additional testing because you will constantly be worrying until you know for sure what it is.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NeverAgain2

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: MRI Results not what I want to hear.... :(
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 06:38:57 PM »
Hi all,

I am FREAKING out! My doctor said my MRI showed a small bone lesion near my spine on my tenth rib. He doesn't think it's cancerous due to the shape and lack of swelling around it, but I am not convinced. I have a follow up appointment with him on Monday to go over the results. Are there any other tests you think I should ask to have? Bone Scan? CT Scan? I'm not sure what to ask for. Is it perhaps metastasized cancer to my ribs or would my chest MRI have shown that? I am really scared.

HELP!

First, listen to what your doctor said.  You are not qualified to make any kind of judgment regarding something you cannot even see.  The doctor is. Second, if you are over the age of 20 your spine is going to show abnormalities, from spurs to herniated discs, to curvature, to degeneration.  It is part of the aging process. As far as other tests, listen again to what the doctor says.  They have seen thousands of scans, and if they think any other testing beyond CYA testing is necessary they will do it.  If you leave in doubt, get the image and get a second opinion.  I had a thoracic herniated disc, and was told by man doctors that I would never be the same again, that  I had to live with horrible pain, and that I was not to cough or fall down, as I might be paralyzed.  What they didn't tell me was that a full 40% of the population, especially at my age, had asymptomatic disc herniations in the same place.

Try to keep cool, and know that the odds of something serious are not great.

Report back if you wish.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: bone lesion