Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: ALS fears are back with a swick vengeance  (Read 326 times)

Offline skim50

• The BooBoo Guru
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
ALS fears are back with a swick vengeance
« on: January 10, 2014, 02:57:17 PM »
My calfs twitch, they always have twitched on and off through out my life, but they started doing it again, and now, I have a feeling, that this time is the real deal. This time it really is ALS.. I now feel week in the knees again, and the whole deal. (Even though I just walked 3 miles, and could of done it the entire time on my tip toes, I feel like they are going to give out any second.)

Does anyone else calfs twitch? Sometimes I can feel it twitch, sometimes I can't but can see it twitching under the skin. I have had eye lid twitches, and other twitches on and off last year on other parts of my body, but my calves seem to be the hotspot, and it really kicks up when I am resting.

Now I picture myself being the next Stephen Hawking..

Something about ALS terrifies me. I rather have any form of cancer, even RABIES! than have ALS. Knock on wood.

How many of you experience twitching in your calfs
Bookmark and Share

Offline Powerslave1724

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: ALS fears are back with a swick vengeance
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 06:58:46 PM »
I am right there with you! I've had terrible cramps in my hamstrings and calves that ended up causing sciatica pains in my left leg. I've been getting them since late November/Early December. It seems like they are getting worse and jumping all over my body but it's probably because of my OCD and how I am constantly thinking about it from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed. My right arm has this wierd feeling/crampy sensation and I swear my left arm is clumsy too. I've been going through the worst anxiety of my life over the past 6 months and I haven't been eating or sleeping well so my doc says it's a mixture of that and tension from stress but i am overwhelmed with this fear of ALS. The worst part for me is I have OCD so i constantly obsess over it.

The only thing you can do is wait it out and try and take your mind off of it. I had this fear 3 years ago or so where I was getting muscle twitching ALL OVER my body, but specifically in my left foot. I thought for sure it was ALS then after a few months everything subsided and my anxiety went down to a good place. Anxiety can do all kinds of crazy things to your body!

I'm in the same boat as you. Hopefully it doesn't sink and we make it to shore  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: