Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Rabies Questions And Anxiety Relief.  (Read 335 times)

Offline alphamuomega

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Rabies Questions And Anxiety Relief.
« on: January 10, 2014, 11:00:06 AM »
hello my name is aviv, i am 15 and about a week ago i developed intense anxiety and panic attacks, i have seen about 7 doctors in the span of 2,3 days been to about 3 hospitals, one er er they said i was alright and sent me to the er's psychiatrist who diagnosed me with an severe anxiety disorder and ocd, prior to my onset of condition related to my adhd.

i was given a short term medication to calm my anxiety it was 25mg of antihistamines and a 10 day prescription.

and was given the name of a few psychologists.

before that i went to my family MD who told me to go to the er based on my description of symptoms.

my mom took me to a mental hospital because of my panic attacks, she wanted them to calm me down, which they did for the night i later returned home.

then my mother took me to another doctor and at the time i started symptoms of a common cold on top of the symptoms i was feeling, which are,

anxiety
headaches
small fever
ear infection
neck pain and sore
sore throat
muscle ticks every now and then
seeing a white light that acts like a blink with my eyes open every now and then
when i close my eyes i see several flashes of white or yellow lights even if its completely dark.
feeling balance problems and loss of coordination as i have had trouble playing the piano as i usually do.
loss of appetite which is odd for me as i am a bit over weight do to depression and so i enjoy to eat.
numbness in my left leg as it falls asleep often.
left eye twitches
my throat doesn't hurt but its like there is a ball there and its a bit hard to swallow.
problems typing i often make mistake, regardless of my 111 wpm.
a feeling of confusion at times but that went a way.
watching tv then looking to the side after awhile not realizing i looked a way, but that had stopped or got less severe.
stomach acid and unsettled as well as loose bowel movement.
chap lips regardless of drinking 2/3 big bottles of a water everyday.
excessive saliva that's a bit white and foamy some times thick and sometimes watery, no drooling feels like i have to swallow all the time.
slight eye sting and pain
i used to have a ringing in my ear that went away but then my ear started to beat like a heart as if it opened and closed but that went away with ear drops
red throat
stuffy nose kinda
sometimes chess pains
due to my shortness of breathe
possibly anxiety related
appears to happen after i swallow due to the fact i fear swallow fearing i might have rabies
headaches stopped
saliva burns my palm slightly and is a bite overly white and foamy
i breathe threw my mouth as i feel as if i am not getting enough air when i do some from my nose.
my neck stiffness went away and my throat became stiff instead, also feels like my jaw is becoming more stiff.
the antihistamines dint dry out my mouth only my lips.
i used to have muscle aches and my knees felt weak but that stopped
also cold flashes and hot flashes mostly cold or only cold down my spine
the side of my neck is a bit stiff and hurts slightly when i tilt my head side to side, but the back of my neck became relaxed and has been so for the last day.
when i blow air it feels like i am spitting slightly.
i feel thirsty
my nose has cleared up but it burns when i breathe in from it but that is getting better but feels like i have more saliva feels like it sits there in my mouth
panic attacks that come and go

i fear these may be rabies due to the fact a bat flew over my head possibly might have flew farther away from me, about 3 months ago and 6 months ago i was near a dead rat

i often spit and touch my eyes to stop them from drying

i feel like i am losing control of my muscles and my mind.

is it possible to get rabies from a bat that is next to you but dint touch you?

it flew passed me it was a fruit bat as it was eating the fruit from palm trees.

my eyes also have been more watery making my vision a bit blurry even with my new glasses

i fear i might die in a few days as i have been getting more and more symptoms so it seems.

I went to the doctor for a brain tumor i suspected i might have, then as i had more and more saliva it might be rabies instead.

i was also dizzy on and off when i would stand also nausea at times but that went away.

shoulder and back pain too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Rabies Questions And Anxiety Relief.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 11:34:56 AM »
Hi Aviv,

Welcome to the forum.  You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room, but this feature is only for members over the age of 18, so you aren't allowed to use that yet.

Alpha, it is NOT possible for you to get rabies from a bat that never touched you.  But, you will find that is a common fear.  Also, anxiety causes many, many symptoms.  Browse through the forums and you will find many with similar issues.

Good luck to you, and again, welcome to AZ.

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Offline alphamuomega

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 11:41:46 AM »
indeed thank you, it is nice to know i am not alone in anxiety issues, you really took a load off me i have been meaning for someone to tell me i don't have rabies and i can't contract it like that.

thanks so much.

if anyone else stumbles upon this forum please feel free to leave your point of view on the topic, as i still have anxiety the more i hear i don't have rabies the better i feel.
Bookmark and Share

Offline RCB127

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 03:27:36 PM »
I am a dog groomer and have been bit by dogs and cats multiple times and the thought of rabies definitely crossed my mind a little but realistically 1 person a year is diagnosed with rabies it is so incredibly rare, and if you do get bit by something wild or an animal not up to date of rabies vaccines just go to the doctor and they can give you a series of shots to prevent you from getting it. I would not worry about it though. I'm always being bit by animals :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline SammyRiver

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 11:18:33 AM »
Hi Aviv, just wanted to comment here to say that I have the same fear. You are not alone. It is our minds playing tricks on us and for me, reading too much on google and forcing those symptoms to fit me. Like the other poster said it is not possible you have caught rabies from a bat just being near you. But believe me, i know it plays on your mind so much. Me too. I have the flu now also (1month after being bitten by a dog) and that is just driving me insane thinking its rabies. Even though i recieved all the shots and the dog is still fine and vaccinated against rabies. Its just an incredibly scary disease.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: rabies