Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What Would Make Your HA Stop?  (Read 617 times)

Offline alphamuomega

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What Would Make Your HA Stop?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 06:51:17 AM »
for me it was the ability to not fear death and also just playing outside basketball or anything just being outside made me feel better. car rides anything helped, it got my mind off the anxiety it made me feel better, if you stay at home and you have the thoughts just rushing threw your head, get it off your mind and do something go outside take a long walk talk to people go to the park or talk to someone really just talking to someone helps.

playing a video game also a multiplayer one is the best, call a friend on ***** and have them join you anything just not to be alone when you feel so hopeless it helps and it starts to sink into when you are alone you feel less anxiety.

trust me you will feel a lot better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2014, 08:03:27 AM »
A couple of people have said "being symptom free" but that can never happen.  To be alive means having some aches and pains and worries.  No human has been, is now, or ever will be without them.

I started this thread because I was curious as to what people saw as their own "final hurdle" when it comes to HA.  What test, procedure or Doc appointment is the one in your mind that (assuming the test/procedure/doc appointment, came out healthy) would finally make you say "I'm healthy and don't have to worry about [insert HA worry here] ever again."  I fear however, that it looks like it will NEVER end.  No test is enough, or some other ache or pain will replace the current HA worry.

I'm no philosopher and I'm not preaching to anyone - believe me I'm not because I have HA like everyone else here and have watched it consume far to much of my life and steal what should have been happy joyous moments and ground them into dust without mercy - but if we can't envision a world where our HA is finally put to rest, then its going to be a long, anxiety filled life.

We spend our time thinking our symptoms are going to bury us but what we really need to be doing is spending time thinking how to bury our symptoms.

Anyway, thats my soapbox for today.
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 98
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 01:46:20 PM »
I started this thread because I was curious as to what people saw as their own "final hurdle" when it comes to HA.  What test, procedure or Doc appointment is the one in your mind that (assuming the test/procedure/doc appointment, came out healthy) would finally make you say "I'm healthy and don't have to worry about [insert HA worry here] ever again."  I fear however, that it looks like it will NEVER end.  No test is enough, or some other ache or pain will replace the current HA worry.

We spend our time thinking our symptoms are going to bury us but what we really need to be doing is spending time thinking how to bury our symptoms.

Patmob, I totally agree with you. Anxiety, even health anxiety, is a mental disorder, so to think that ANY one medical test, or combination of tests, will ease our fears is a fallacy. It's counterintuitive, but the answer is in RESISTING medical tests, or trips to the doctor, or a "quick" google search, or that one final self-check. Learning how to sit, however uncomfortably, with our symptoms, and not react to them out of fear, is a true step in the right direction. So often, it's our own anxious-overthinking that keeps us in the anxiety cycle. It's essential to short out that circuit, and we do that by letting our overly-reactive bodies act out however they want until such time as our stress levels reduce enough to where we're no longer symptomatic.

We cannot expect our symptoms to go away and only then will we feel better. Real recovery occurs when we allow ourselves to feel better DESPITE the presence of symptoms. As Marc said, it's a lot about learning to accept uncertainty. I'm pretty much over my HA, but I still HATE uncertainty, and it's still a fight to learn how to live in that tension—and yes, it's a life robber, let me tell you.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline rileybug

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 08:17:31 PM »
fOR ME IT WOULD BE A PILL That would cure cancer-like aspirin-take 2 weeks and all is well.  That makes sense since my fear is cancer.  Hopefully ill never get it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Strength is in the eye of the beholder.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 08:25:43 PM »
Being completely symptom free.
This. It's horrible to say, but the only time in which I am symptom free is when I'm asleep. I just want to be normal again.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Tags: