Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Stomach issues - help with anxiety and fear  (Read 342 times)

Offline Dje

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Stomach issues - help with anxiety and fear
« on: January 10, 2014, 03:38:59 AM »
No one responded to my first thread - I know, there's a lot going on - so I decided to create another one, not so much for medical advice, but to help with the anxiety I'm experiencing. There have only been a few other times in my life that I have been this scared. I can't shake the thought that I have a painful, debilitating condition that I will have to live with the rest of my life. :sad0125:

In short, I'm dealing with stomach pains (tensed, knotted, crampy, sometimes bloating), mild-to-moderate nausea, some sores on tongue/in mouth, often thirsty/dehydrated feeling, sometimes itchy spots on body. I've had diarrhea a few times in the last several months, otherwise stools normal. 

If I can get to sleep tonight - I didn't sleep at all last night - I plan to go get my blood work done tomorrow morning. I have multiple blood tests - CBC; LFT's; Panel 7, Fasting; TSH as well as some other tests, Occult blood, stool (FIT); Ova and parasite examination; Stool culture, without gram stain (includes Salmonella, Shigella, and Campylobacter).

The doctor wants to rule out diabetes among other things. If these come back negative I will be referred to a gastroenterologist to check for IBS, IBD, including Crohn's. Both diabetes and Crohn's really scare me. :sad0141:

I mentioned how I had been dealing with pretty intense chronic stress, worry, anxiety for months prior to the symptoms and had become very depressed right before. She suggested that it could be stress.

She also suggested that I stop eating gluten for 1-2 weeks to see if that improves things, though I'm not holding out much hope. 

Appreciate any kind words.  :nature-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline fannyanxious

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Stomach issues - help with anxiety and fear
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 04:59:57 AM »
Hi, I don't have any advice I'm afraid, just wanted to let you know you are not alone on this. I am experiencing something very similar, have been having stomach issues for sometime now and they haven't worsened greatly over the past few months. I am waiting to see the doctor, they can't fit me in till next week so my anxiety is going into overdrive in the meantime. I'm anxious about all the conditions you mentioned and more but just have to keep reining myself in and reminding myself that worrying is pointless till I know for sure thats what it is. Anyway good luck with the blood results, lets hope for both of us its just stress :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 05:02:49 AM »
Anxiety causes a ton of weird stomach issues
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline burgundyplace

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 05:53:54 AM »
Ack, my stomach has always been a culprit as well.

I get so gassy at times. I notice this happens when I eat too much or I eat too fast and don't chew my food well. :(

My gastro doctor thinks it's nothing really to worry about, but HA makes it really difficult!

You are definitely not alone!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dje

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 11:00:26 PM »
So I went to the lab for blood tests and was given some kits to submit stool samples. The stomach discomfort, general feeling of malaise, possibly the extreme worry has suppressed my appetite resulting in less need to go, which isn't making it easy to complete the kits. 

My stress, worry, and anxiety are the worse they've been since this all started. The last several nights have been bad pain and anxiety-wise and I have extreme difficulty falling asleep, not until 5-6 am. Fears of diabetes, IBD, sometimes even cancer hit me hard. I'm in constant worry mode at this point, which I know isn't good physically or mentally.

At this point I feel it's not a matter of if they will find something wrong with me, but when and what. I'm terrified.  :traurig001:   :sad0141:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: