Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Can symptoms last for more than a year??  (Read 474 times)

Offline Jade1

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Can symptoms last for more than a year??
« on: January 09, 2014, 09:50:20 PM »
I had not posted in almost 2 months I think. I don't think I'm doing better really...but I'm actively trying not to focus on my symptoms and try to live a normal life. I'm still taking zoloft..now at 75 mg.

Has any of you had symptoms lasting more than a year? ( for me it s been a year and a half now ) My symptoms change...sometimes I get a lot of twitching...other weeks no twitching almost. Then some weeks I'm extremely dizzy...some weeks I feel no dizziness at all.

A few months ago I had numbs spots all over, like on my fingers and feet.that has gone away.
Now I'm focusing on my memory..that has been an ongoing worry for a few months now. I feel like I can't remember certain things...like some actor's names, I end up remembering after a few minutes most of the time, but it freaks me out that I have to think about it. Anyone has had that happening? Could it be caused by Zoloft ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can symptoms last for more than a year??
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 10:05:36 PM »
Jade - I am currently approaching one year of the same symptoms. It sucks but I've had every medical test under the sun and they've all come back normal. My symptoms have persisted even on a low dose SSRI.
Bookmark and Share
"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline rileybug

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 10:27:27 PM »
I've had mine for 2 years-every test more than once-still no better.  Maybe 2014 will be a better year.  Even went to mayo for some of the tests.  My fear is always cancer-one of 4-never leaves my mind.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jade1

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 09:40:16 PM »
Thanks for your answers...it does make me feel better that I'm not alone going through this.

ANy of you have neuro symptoms???
Bookmark and Share

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 10:26:36 PM »
Tons of neuro symptoms off and on. Normal brain and spine MRI.
Bookmark and Share
"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline burgundyplace

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 04:19:40 AM »
Well, anxiety can last for years! So can your anxiety-related symptoms, I guess?  :sprachlos020:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Calamy

• The Golden Eyed Commander of Wishes
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • and Leon's getting larger!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 01:24:35 PM »
I've been dealing with stuff for months and months now, some things for years and some for MANY years. On and off stuff. Neuro stuff, tremors and whatnot. Memory problems and like you, can't remember actors names anymore. I call people by the wrong names and have problems finding words I want to use. I type the wrong words, too. I read that it could be one of a million things, some of which are depression, anxiety, thyroid problems, hyperventilating, migraines and more.
Bookmark and Share
"Fear is such a vicious thing; it wraps me up in chains." - Tears for Fears, "The Working Hour"

Offline Jade1

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 10:41:30 PM »
Calamy, has the memory issue been going on for a while? or is it something new?  It really freaks me out every time it happens. Do you think about it a lot? I feel like that's all I think about lately.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lumpkins07

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 11:02:38 PM »
I've had symptoms last for a little over a year. You're definitely not alone! I feel like its a downward spiral. You constantly worry/think about your symptoms which makes them even worse
Bookmark and Share

Offline kayleigh

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 06:05:07 AM »
I wonder the same thing, as my symptoms (headache, left sided numbness, nausea) started in 2011, went away and came back at the start of last year and have been constant ever since. The headache is right sided all the time now and the numbness is still left, now accompanied by dizziness and total loss of appetite. I had a CT in 2011 that was normal x x x
Bookmark and Share

Online HeatherJoy11

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 01:00:11 PM »
I have tons of neuro symptoms, too. Twitching. Dizziness. Head pains. I went through a full workup a couple years ago for it during my ALS anxiety phase. One day I remember twitching over my entire body.
It can most definitely be related to anxiety, which explains why your symptoms didn't go away...

I remember the neurologist telling me "You are always on the look out of symptoms, but what you don't realize is doctors look for signs, too. And I could tell when I saw you walk from the waiting room to the exam room that you were ok."

Focus on lett gint he anxiety float through you instead of latching on to it. It's hard...I struggle too. But the symptoms are commonly felt by others on this board.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jade1

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 10:20:50 PM »
Thanks all for your answers. I'm really hoping my anxiety will calm down and that I will stop having these symptoms...it's scary and I'm fed up of feeling like this. The dizziness, the twitching, brain fog, etc. :( It s not fun...

Bookmark and Share

Tags: