Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Vitamin Deficiency  (Read 200 times)

Offline Chilly

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Vitamin Deficiency
« on: January 09, 2014, 08:42:59 PM »
I got a call from my doctor today about some blood work that was performed. He says I have a vitamin D deficiency and has prescribed me a vitamin D weekly booster for 8 weeks. He said that deficiency in vitamin D can inhibit the body's ability to produce "feel good" hormones (or something like that). Has anyone else here taken a prescribed vitamin booster? I'm not really nervous about it since it's a once a week vitamin, I'm just curious about how well it went for others? Did you notice a drop in depression/anxiety?
Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Vitamin Deficiency
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 03:48:23 PM »
Hi,

I don't know if this helps any but my sister gets a B12 shot once a month (the tablets didn't do much for her) and she also takes Vitamin D with Calcium . . . since she has been doing that she tells me that she feels much happier with more energy . . . now, the only thing that I would say, is that all of this is highly dependent on the individual . . . if you do have a Vitamin D deficiency and your doctor has requested that you follow a set protocol, then I would be comfortable in doing it . . . at the very least, it might be a good test to see if your issues are rooted in a vitamin deficiency . . . please let us know how this works for you . . .thanks, kc
Bookmark and Share

Tags: