Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Cancer fears someone help me please /:  (Read 238 times)

Offline kevinlara

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Cancer fears someone help me please /:
« on: January 09, 2014, 07:57:59 PM »
Hi guys I posted not to long ago about my fears of having colon cancer. For about the past week I've been feeling nauseas most of the day and extremely bloated with a lot of gas in my stomach. My stomach doesn't really hurt but it just feels discomfort. My apettite has started to decrease throughout the week which I googled and it all points to colon cancer /: my stools look somewhat normal but I did notice a small black dot on it which completely freaked me out and sent me into a horrible panic attack. I went to the doctor two days ago and he got blood drawn for every possible test. I'm anxious for te results, will cancer come up in the blood results? Are these symptoms of cancer? Please someone help me I'm in need of advice /: thanks everyone
Bookmark and Share

Offline kevinlara

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Cancer fears someone help me please /:
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 08:14:08 PM »
One last symptom I forgot to mention is that I've been feeling very fatigue lately. Really scared anyone gone through the same experience or have some valuable feedback on what I could do? Thanks much appreciated
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 10:50:37 PM »
Hello there,

I went through a colon cancer scare back in October. I had basically the same symptoms as you, plus sudden onset of diarrhea. Not fun. I had no appetite, and actually lost about 14lbs in 7 weeks! My stools were NOT what I was used to, and even had undigested food in there. I too saw black in my stool - come to find out it was undigested salad. Yuck!

I had a colonoscopy done and they never found out what exactly it was. My gastro thinks its post-infectious IBS-D. I was put on a medicine for IBS-D and it cleared everything up.

I attributed the loss of appetite, HORRIBLE fatigue and weight loss to SEVERE anxiety. I wasn't having panic attacks, but I wasn't eating or taking care of myself as I should've been. I know how hard it can be to do so when you're so consumed with fear. And anxiety and stress takes a huge toll on our bodies. I believe that I was severely depressed (who wouldn't be when they think they're dying?) and that also leads to loss of appetite, fatigue and weight loss.

Please eat something. I pretty much lived on Ensure shakes and fruit. I'm still not 100% convinced that there's not something pathological going on, but I feel better since my doctor does.

Go see a doc and talk to him/her about it. At least it will put your mind at ease. Can I ask how old you are? I'm 26 years old, and when all of this started happening I was SURE I had colon cancer. And when I looked up the statistics - people under age 39 have a 0.08% chance of having colon cancer - very VERY low. I hope that reassures you. Also - another thing to think about is that most people who actually DO have colon cancer have blood in their stool. From the symptoms you've described, it would have to be very very advanced colon cancer to come up with those symptoms. And there is no way that very very advanced colon cancer WOULD NOT show up with blood in your stool. It's just not possible.

Hope I've helped!
Bookmark and Share

Offline kevinlara

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 12:02:30 AM »
Bpadilla49 thank you so much for the response really REALLY helps and makes me feel a bit at ease. I try to tell myself that it's just my anxiety since I am taking Zoloft 75mg but these symptoms I've just never felt these stmptoms before so that's why I'm so scared. As for my apettite it's significantly decreased and I try to eat even if it's a little bit but it's just difficult. Funny thing is I've also been drinking ensure how crazy. A little background about myself just so you get a sense of my background, I'm a 22 year old engineering student so stress is very high. I still try to exercise once in a while and play soccer every Sunday. I don't want to say I have the healthiest nutrition but I try to eat vegetables and organic foods as often as I can. I consider myself to have an ok living style which is why I just don't understand how this could be colon cancer /:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: