Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Holter monitor results  (Read 242 times)

Offline ebleninc

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Holter monitor results
« on: January 09, 2014, 06:57:37 PM »
Ok I'm 38 yr male over weight and use chewing tobacco.  I have been concerned about a high resting hr. For some time . I have occasionally had funny heart beats but not ever day and sometimes not for weeks . I did the 48 hrs holter monitor and talk called me with the results.  She said I had a high of 140 bpm to a low of 40 bpm did not tell me time when this occurred.  She said she was not concerned and to keep a eye of the resting heart rate ( 88 to 90 normally) said check back in a month . I'm freaked out worried I may die at any minute. Any advise or words, opinions
Bookmark and Share

Offline BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Holter monitor results
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 07:26:26 PM »
Hi ebleninc,

Welcome to the forum.  You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

ebleninc, I believe that heart fears may be the number one ranked fear among anxiety sufferers.  At least it seems to be.  I'm sure you will find help and support here at AZ, as many have the same fears.

Good luck to you, and again, welcome to AZ.

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Offline dan15

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 07:42:38 PM »
I am 33 and use chewing tobacco. I am about 190 pounds at 5'8" so a little bigger. I have been dipping since I was 20. I just want to let you know that I also worry about my heart. You are not going to die. If the nurse is not concerned, you shouldnt be either. I would say that if I had a holter monitor for 48 hours, I would have a similar high and low. Those are actually really good numbers. I can tell you with confidence that you will be fine. Take care.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ebleninc

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 08:13:17 PM »
Thank you so much ...my heart rate at work is I. The 80s and 90s . Resting heart rate first thing in the morning before I get out of bed is 60 bpm. Thanks again for the encouraging words . Really needed that
Bookmark and Share

Offline mel4962

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 06:26:11 PM »
A normal sleeping hr of 40 is normal. I guarentee thats when it was 40.  Im an EMT and see this all the time in normal healthy people,
Bookmark and Share

Tags: panic worries