Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Just thinking of what to write here gives me an adrenaline rush  (Read 137 times)

Offline dano

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Just thinking of what to write here gives me an adrenaline rush
« on: January 09, 2014, 05:55:38 PM »
Hey guys, I'm 23 and I live in Los Angeles.  I recently graduated college and I'd like to attribute my anxiety to not knowing what to do with the rest of my life but I've been living with it for quite a bit longer than that.  I only recently had my first panic attacks though.  Not a feeling I would wish on anybody, and none of my close family/friends seem to think it's that big of a deal.  They tend to brush it off as me being the weirdo, shy person I've always been.  I already feel a little bit better seeing how similar some of you guys feel and I look forward learning new ways to cope with my anxiety.  I generally describe myself as not being able to do simple, everyday things that normal people do.  I just seem to make everything about a million times worse in my mind.  Meeting new people, making phone calls, and sometimes just leaving my room, makes my heart beat so fast that I think I'm having a heart attack.  Fear of the unknown, my major problem in life. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Just thinking of what to write here gives me an adrenaline rush
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 06:09:10 PM »
Hi dano,

Welcome to the forum.  You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

dano, you will find many people here who can relate to your issues, and many who will offer help and support.

Good luck to you, and again, welcome to AZ.

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Offline nobody

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Shameless now nameless now nothing now no one now
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 07:58:09 PM »
I've found that it's a lot easier to live with this mess & slowly climb out of that pit you're in by first finding meaning for all those things that are going through your mind. I don't mean a root or a cause, but rather a purpose, having lived with this constant fear, social anxiety, insomnia, panic attacks & a lot of other stuff I'm slowly starting to realize how much good it has done to me, it has made me a more empathetic, thoughtful, kind, loving & understanding person & it gives me motivation to overcome all of it, so I can express my true being & start helping others whose life has fallen in turmoil. The more I walk around & observe others, I realize how much they take for granted the skills that for some of us are a dream, something to envy & blame ourselves for not being capable to do. The thing is, if any of that skill was suddenly taken away from them, they'd panic & won't know what to do, because they've never been in such a situation, whereas us, who struggle throughout our lives just to reach what they are already at, can never fall back down, because we fought & suffered to get where we are. So with all this knowledge & strength, and it is strength, not weakness, we should strive to do whatever is necessary to overcome our obstacles & seek out to help those who are in a situation we left behind, knowing exactly what to do to help them get over it.
I've learned to love & embrace all of my fears, irregular heartbeats, anxieties, stresses & treat them more as friends, seeing that comfort is the enemy that weakens us & makes us fail.

And don't be discouraged to ask for help or say anything you normally can't here, that's why we're all here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0YxeTjFn70
Bookmark and Share

Offline cactusjohn5

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 12:39:49 AM »
fear is my biggest frustration with all of this:  i went from being someone who never "cared" about anything never really worried about myself or other, to being so afraid to take a shower, that i don't for days ....

we are here for you, and there are people out there, that know what you are going through.   ;D
Bookmark and Share

Tags: