Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: EXHAUSTED of worrying!  (Read 203 times)

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
EXHAUSTED of worrying!
« on: January 09, 2014, 01:26:35 PM »
So I'm a regular poster.. Well I have been in the last 6 weeks or so. My symptoms started with a vague headache which I googled and then decided I must have a brain tumour. I'm anxious so I have high bp and I'm now on betablockers and my bp is 126/88. It's usually lower than 88, well it used to be a few months back but the dr says 88 is ok. I've seen the gp twice and have seen an optician who said no sign of tumor. I've been to ER when half my face and arm was tingly for the evening to be told that's just anxiety... Erm how? I've had a Indian head massage, I've tried most pain killers, wheat bag on neck as that's been tight etc etc.

I was referred for an MRI which I had Tuesday so I'm waiting for the results which is awful! Over the last few weeks I've also felt very nauseous and feel the need to eat a dry biscuit.

I went to see an osteopath today who wasn't massively reassuring and kept making jokes like 'oh don't die I my table', 'my cousin had an aneurysm at 26 after a three week headache' etc etc... Clearly not understanding my anxiety. He said I had knots in neck and manipulated them as well as cracking me all over the place!

When I came out I wanted to cry because I just wish I knew why I felt like this. My head doesn't hurt as such but there feels like a constant pressure on my crown and at the back of my head like a burning feeling. It's always there but not first thing in the morning. I know I need to wait for brain MRI results but I hope if they saw something on Tuesday id know by now?

When laying on the osteopath bed, my head was tilted over the edge and I felt like there was a pressure on the roof of my mouth and like the back of my nose was filling with fluid. I then had to snort sorry TMI to bring it up.. If that makes sense. I wonder if this could be sinus related but if so, why isn't the pain at the front of face and why no runny nose?

As you can tell I'm exhausted and I don't want to be this person anymore.

Advice please.... :-)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: EXHAUSTED of worrying!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 01:47:26 PM »
Sinus pressure can be all over the head. Mine has been on half my head but not really my face. If you had an aneurysm that was life threatening you would know by now. I have had a brain mri because my face and arm were tingling and I thought I had a tumor, the doctor thought I had strokes. I have chiari malformation
Bookmark and Share

Offline Air Nomad

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 03:18:51 PM »
Aww I completely understand about the exhausted from worrying feeling.  I'm there all too often lately.

First of all, that doctor was a complete jerk (to put it nicely) to treat your fears with such nonchalance.  A person like that should NOT be practicing medicine in any capacity.  I can't believe he said those things to you!  I would've cried right then and there.

Second of all, the headache in the back/crown of your head sounds a lot like a tension headache to me, which often happens from muscles tension in the neck (the knots in your neck).  The pressure you in the roof of your mouth felt when lying with your head over the table could be a separate sinus issue - you may have just had some excess mucus up in there and didn't realize it.  Honestly, I really think you are completely fine.  Tension headaches are extremely common.  If you had a brain tumor you would not be WONDERING if you had a brain tumor.  You would have balance/coordination issues, visual disturbances, hearing issues, etc depending on the location of the tumor.  Even those things have other more likely causes than a brain tumor.

I really do feel for you and your anxiety.  I've been a regular poster lately too because I'm constantly hopping from one death sentence to another - not flippantly, but truly feeling like "this is the one that's gonna get me" kinda mentality.  It's totally exhausting and debilitating.  I just started 20mg of Prozac and hoping that will help end the circular thinking.
Bookmark and Share
Sokka: "Do you want me to be like you or be totally honest?"
Katara: "Are you saying I'm a liar?"
Sokka: "No, I'm saying you're an optimist. Same thing really."
(This is me and my husband to a tee)

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 04:07:37 PM »
Thank you so much both of you for your replies. It's such  horrible debilitating feeling and when when nothing seems to make the pressure go away, my mind just wonders! I do hope that the Prozac helps you, anything is worth a try! How long have you suffered HA for?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: