Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Kidney stone fear...  (Read 182 times)

Offline SillySalmons

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Kidney stone fear...
« on: January 09, 2014, 09:38:41 AM »
I take medication that can cause kidney stones. Earlier I peed and my urine was a darker yellow than usual and very cloudy. Cloudy urine is a common side effect of my meds, but usually it's not that dark (although I could be really dehydrated.) Anyway, I thought nothing of it, but then I started thinking about kidney stones, and then I was bending over when I noticed a little twinge of pain in my side that is still there. I made the mistake of reading about people who've had kidney stones and they say it can start like that - with a little ache in the side or the back. Not only do I have health anxiety, but I am extremely afraid of pain. I am shaking right now because I am so scared. Please help me calm down, I don't know what to do. I don't want to go through this.  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline middlenamehypochondria

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Re: Kidney stone fear...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 10:41:29 AM »
I have personally had kidney stones and while they are painful they won't kill you. Keep in mind the pain doesn't go on for hours and hours it's just as the stone is moving.  Several times I have been able to stop my kidney stone pain when I recognize it by drinking plenty of fluid and that allows the stone to pass without the pain.  Trust me I hate pain too but I've lived through several kidney stones and done just fine. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 10:42:59 AM »
Start by making sure you're not dehydrated and get some water into you.  If you're dehydrated it will solve the problem, if it's a kidney stone it will help to try and flush it out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline SillySalmons

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 09:34:16 AM »
Well so far so good. Went to the clinic today and was tentatively diagnosed with a UTI. Waiting for the culture results. Finally managed to convince myself after hours of panicking about allergic reactions to take the Bactrim I was prescribed, crossing my fingers that I'll be okay.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 12:10:32 PM »
I just thought I had a kidney stone, so you're not alone. My husband said "if you had a kidney stone, you'd know it."

However, if you take a med that may cause kidney stones, you must keep yourself hydrated.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: