Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Headaches, Head Pain and Weird feeling in back of Head  (Read 594 times)

Offline Luscion

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Headaches, Head Pain and Weird feeling in back of Head
« on: January 08, 2014, 08:54:46 PM »
Hey all. new to the website. finally decided i wanted help from others who suffer from anxiety and to help them aswell.+

Name's Elijah and i'm 18
so about a month and a half ago i had a massive panic attack over my heartbeat ( which i learnt a few days ago was because of my lack of physical activity) From then on for well over a month i've had seriously constant anxiety, always thinking something is wrong. i've had every anxiety symptom under the sun and i think what caused this is from googling my symptoms, which to anyone with anxiety i seriously dont recommend at all, it just makes you think you have something more serious and makes the anxiety worse. my anxiety focused around my heart. i felt like i was being suffocated, stabbing chest pains, tight chest, palpitations and what really worried me......shortness of breath and rapid heartbeat when doing little things like lifting heavy items or sweeping the floor, even running for a few seconds. i thought i had heart disease or heart failure so i had an appointment with a cardiologist. my EKG came back normal, my blood pressure was perfect. He then examined my pulse all around my body with a stethoscope and couldnt fine anything wrong. since then most of my anxiety went away and all the symptoms for the most part(amazing what hearing your fine from a professional can do)

but recently ive been having headaches, they feel like cluster/pressure headaches, feeling my heartbeat in my head but not the normal whooshing sound, it feels like its in my skull bone all around (kinda hard to describe) sharp pains randomly around my head, the feeling of a vein in my head pulsating? i can feel it in the back of my head when i get up from laying down or just randomly sometimes and trouble remembering things. it seems to happen when i'm not doing anything but could this be anxiety? i dont feel no where as anxious as i used to but i still worry from time to time. i freaked out at first because i thought it was a tumor but shouldnt i be having seizures if that were the case?
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Headaches, Head Pain and Weird feeling in back of Head
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 09:54:26 PM »
Well I haven't had the exact same sensation but I have an odd sensation where it feels like there is a spot in my head that is kind of numb and, full and heavier then usual, it so hard to describe but it just feels like something is there, I also notice that if I apply some pressure there it hurts, It's getting better and it helps if I massage it. I have though like you had what seems like memory and focus issues, I think and hope it's just because my mind has just been on hyperdrive because I worry about everything, and overanalyze things, I'm sure my memory hasn't changed but I just notice more and more if I have a lapse. I also have some sinus pressure. I have been to my doctor a lot of time's over there past 3 months (when my Hypo started to get really really bad). He said he thinks everything that is happening to me right now is a mix of sinus issues, tension, and anxiety, and I think I have some TMJ and fibromyalgia.
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline Nevercalm

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 11:19:21 PM »
I'm thinking this is just symptoms stemming from a tension headache. I get a lot of weird sensations when I get tension headaches. As for the trouble remembering things it is probably because you are thinking about it too much :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline perc19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 01:51:18 AM »
I too get tension headaches and have been getting them over the last 4 months, very anxious about them, they can give me a panic attack or at least feel sick, fast heartrate etc. Also getting stabbing pains on the right side of my head.

I am in fear of a brain tumour or anuerysm, I have been to doctors 5 times, saw 4 different doctors, 2 who have done some acupunture in my apparently tight and squeaky neck muscles.

Month MRI or any tests as each doctor believes it is stress, tension and anxiety.

The scary thing for me is that I get the stabbing pains, I also get pressure headaches, either at back of head, on side, across forehead and all round. I also get tingly, 

I am very scared which is made worse by waves or flashes of pain that runs across my forehead and the squeezing sensations.

Nevercalm what sort of sensations do you have??

I am scared, fed up of worrying, feeling ill and then wondering if I should push really hard for an MRI or other tests in case It is a live threatening illness.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bookmark and Share

Offline perc19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 02:28:25 PM »
Are pressure headaches more worrying than any other headache?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: