Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Leukemia worry again...please help!  (Read 566 times)

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Leukemia worry again...please help!
« on: January 08, 2014, 01:34:28 PM »
I honestly think that I have leukemia now, and I want to list everything so I leave nothing out.

I occasionally will have soaking night sweats (not every night).  My thighs have started to become itchy, and I look on my thighs and see a few somewhat small but purplish/brown dots.  There aren't many...I have 2 small ones on my right thigh, and 3 other ones on my left - two are next to each other.  A few weeks ago I have a very bad nose bleed...it wouldn't stop for about 30 minutes no matter what.  And it continued to drip for another 2 hours.  Since then I haven't had a nose bleed.  I will sometimes still have the sharp head pains above both of my temples...that has diminished somewhat though but still happens.  I use to have very very bad lower back pain (pretty much where my pelvis is), that doesn't happen a whole lot anymore, but again still will happen.  I'll have the chills for no reason whatsoever, but I don't think I have a fever.  I also look at my eyes, and see that I have a few red line (blood vessels) in them.

I honestly am worried, mainly about the night sweats and the dots that I saw on both of my thighs.  I am just convinced that more will develop and then I'll just get a diagnosis of leukemia.  My grandfather passed away from leukemia when he was 95 about 2 and 1/2 years ago...but I'm only 20.

Please help me...I am terrified and I just know this is something serious.   :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Caribou

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Leukemia worry again...please help!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 08:40:59 PM »
Please help.  I want to mention as well that I have had on and off again cloudy urine for quite some time now.  It started about 1 year ago and comes and goes.  I looked on my thighs again today and saw the same dots.  I want to mention also that sometimes I will feel like I'm going to become dizzy, but never actually am.

The last blood test I had was February of 2013...so almost 1 year ago.  I was thinking about going to my GP and asking for a CBC.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stefv86

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 11:34:23 PM »
First, sorry you're feeling so anxious.
Second, my last "freak out" was over leukemia as well, so I know how terrifying the feeling is.

My husband gets nose bleeds from time to time. Bad ones. It's probably just the dry air. Or a fluke thing. Nosebleeds do not equal leukemia.
The spots on your legs: think hard, have you noticed them before? This is what sent me into a tailspin, too. I noticed what I thought was petachie on my arms. Worried sick for weeks.... blood tests fine, and they are still there, nearly a year later. Just a thing on my skin. I'm willing to bet your spots have always been there too.
The other symptoms are all very much anxiety. Try some deep breathing, works wonders for me. There is even an app for it on android:-)

Cheer up, buttercup. You're totally fine. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 06:55:17 AM »
I don't want this to sound harsh or mean but I've been following your posts for a while and I think it might help you.

A couple of weeks ago you were CERTAIN you had a brain tumour. You were even considering quitting your job over the headsets you have to use because you were so convinced if I remember right.

Before that was cancer and before that was heart problems. And that's just in the past couple of month or so.

I think it's fairly safe to say your symptoms, scary and real as they no doubt are, are caused by anxiety.

Have you spoken to your doctor about possible treatments to help you overcome the first rush of fear?

Cuchculan has a good tip he gives out where he suggests that people wrote down a list of all the diseases and illnesses they KNOW they've had that have turned out to be nothing.

You're ok - you can get trough this scare too! :)
Bookmark and Share

Online vardnas

• Rec's: 98
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 11:58:38 AM »
I don't want this to sound harsh or mean but I've been following your posts for a while and I think it might help you.

A couple of weeks ago you were CERTAIN you had a brain tumour. You were even considering quitting your job over the headsets you have to use because you were so convinced if I remember right.

Before that was cancer and before that was heart problems. And that's just in the past couple of month or so.

I think it's fairly safe to say your symptoms, scary and real as they no doubt are, are caused by anxiety.

Have you spoken to your doctor about possible treatments to help you overcome the first rush of fear?

Cuchculan has a good tip he gives out where he suggests that people wrote down a list of all the diseases and illnesses they KNOW they've had that have turned out to be nothing.

You're ok - you can get trough this scare too! :)

:yes: Yep. I totally agree with this. I "disease hopped," too (including leukemia!), and honestly it's the SUREST sign that your anxiety is driving the bus, so to speak. NO ONE is in danger of having a brain tumor, heart attack, AND leukemia all at once. You'd be the medical anomaly of the century (several centuries!) were that the case.

Seriously, Caribou, you're TWENTY YEARS OLD. I don't mean for this to sound dismissive, but there's NO WAY you have all the problems you think you have. Most likely, you have the one problem you refuse to say you have, which is anxiety. Which, by the way, is highly treatable, but you've really got to take that step and acknowledge that it's the main source of your pain and suffering. 
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline confunded

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 04:37:20 PM »
Hi there,
So sorry you are feeling so much panic. I can honestly sympathize!

I do want to say that while I know your symptoms are real, they sound sporadic which to me means that they are likely just fluke things. I think with leukemia it would definitely be more recurring and severe symptoms.  I am sorry to hear about your grandfather. My uncle died recently of cancer, he was fairly young, and it set off my HA big time.

Please try and rest. It's so hard to appreciate the current moment when we feel so much, but that is truly all we have. Find something to enjoy right this second. The worry will pop in, but kindly set it aside and distract yourself again.

The hardest part is nothing is 100% certain. It's a terrible feeling and I wish for both of us we could be cured of our worries. But it takes hard work to get there, and whether we have what we fear or not one thing is for certain: we suffer from anxiety.

I hope you feel better soon!
Bookmark and Share

Offline john55

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 06:39:07 PM »
sounds like you definitely have anxiety and thats it. night sweats are caused from anxiety so i wouldnt worry about them. your other symptoms are nothing but anxtiety as well.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tymommy

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 12:08:35 AM »
Awww babe imsorry that you have to deal with anxiety.  I wouldn't wish our disorder on anyone. Don't feel bad for asking for help that's Whay this site is about. I disease jump too. I hate it. But honestly it's so hard sometimes.  I don't intentionally flip out it just happens. This site has been a saving grace for me.we can help eachother whenever we take turns flipping out. I find sonething Newto flip out about all the ttime. If its not about me its about my kids orsomebody else lol. As a matter of fact my 5yr old is having a heart test tomorrow. I promised myself That i Would not get on web md....but ya i did.so guess what im flipping out again. Ugh .but as far as the leukemia thing,i don't know what it is about leukemia,lymphoma,and brain tumors but we hypochondriacs get so fixated on them lol. I  drive myself nuts!im positive u don't have it babe don't worry k i know it's tough. Xoxoxo
Bookmark and Share

Offline burgundyplace

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 04:22:10 AM »
Hi Caribou,

I am so sorry you are going through this. I am still having this cancer fear in spite of my normal CBC which I guess would rule out anything suspicious in the first place.

Have you had any recent tests?

By the way, I read somewhere (after Googling, weird) that night sweats are common, but for the most part, they are nothing serious. I think it was Mayo Clinic. Hang in there!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: