Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Someone please help  (Read 184 times)

Offline bbwire

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Someone please help
« on: January 08, 2014, 12:39:53 PM »
So I've been dealing with this fear of going crazy having schizophrenia or like psychosis for over a year now and it's been horrible I had a period of time where I thought I was almost over this fear but I've had a major setback! I can't stop obsessing over intrusive thoughts one of my thoughts now is the fear of being delusional and since I've read so much on schizophrenia I know a few examples of what delusional thoughts are for example I'll have the thought "what if everyone is out to get me" and that thought is so scary to me and I'll ask myself "do I actually believe this" and it becomes so hard to answer like it's so doubtful and so abstract I can answer no of course not but the doubt always comes back. This is just so horrible cause I feel like there's no way out like what if I think my family who I love so much is out to get me or my girlfriend it's like I'm by myself on this! I went to a psychologist last week before I had this new thought she said I suffer from ocd and obsessive thoughts and that made me feel better but now that I got this new thought it's like "what if I think she's out to get me to" this is just so bad! Can anyone please help and give me any advice I really need it right now
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Someone please help
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 01:24:52 PM »
Look around you. At these very people you imagine are out to get you. They all seem close to you. That is one important point. You have picked the people closest to you. Some who you no doubt love. Who love you too and would never do you any harm at all. It is like your worse fear been brought to life in the form of an intrusive thought. But why would any of these people wish to harm you at all? Logic and reason with yourself. Love does not become hatred in a matter of days. Your thought is more a fear. One that will never happen. I am sure these same people show no sign of what you imagine they are planning against you. That would be another thing to take into account when reasoning with yourself. You would be to do this on paper. Reasons why they would want to harm you versus any changes you see in them. I doubt you will have any reasons that are logical for them to want to harm you. Think of how good you were doing. We all have setbacks. We have to see a setback for what it is. If you let it get in on top of you it will swallow you up and you will be right back at the start once more. Facts versus thoughts on paper. I would guess that facts will win out.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline bbwire

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 12:58:26 PM »
The main problem is before I never used to question anything I would get a "what if thought" that would freak me out and I would just tell myself that a what if thought don't react to it just let it go, and now all I do is question my thoughts constantly I'll ask myself "do I actually believe everyone out to get me " and when I do that it becomes so hard to answer and I hate cause I'm constantly thinking do I actually think that! Then since I know everything about schizophrenia it's like my mind just creates all these delusional thoughts that I question and can't answer this is just so bad and I feel alone
Bookmark and Share

Offline bbwire

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 07:20:47 PM »
Can anyone give me some advice on how to overcome this? And reassurance it's just anxiety and ocd it's the worst feeling ever being alone
Bookmark and Share

Tags: