Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Generic Paxil not working?  (Read 185 times)

Offline dreamspirit

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Generic Paxil not working?
« on: January 08, 2014, 11:21:38 AM »
Hi , I was wondering if anyone else that has been on generic Paxil for a long time noticed that some of the generic brands just don't work well?
I have been on generic Paxil for 16 years or so.. I was on the generic from Walmart which is made by something labs. I've had major problems with this brand.. It totally stopped working.. I was having bad symptoms like horrible panic/anxiety attacks which sent me to the hospital a couple of times and general feeling of just not feeling well..
I had every blood test for anything that would cause anxiety and all were negative. I even had a CAT scan of my adrenal glands and that was normal. My cortisol levels were up just a little bit but not to bad. I think they were 2 over the normal.
It was like I was going through a withdraw.. I did some research online and found that some people were saying that they were having problems with some generics so I decided to try Walgreens generic (Zydus) and within a week I felt so much better. They use a different manufacturer than Walmart. I was taking 2 20mg tablets every day.. I got medicaid recently and medicaid won't pay for the 2 20mg tablets but will pay for the 40mg tablets so I said ok.
Well, Seems like since I've been on the 40 mg tablet, Seems like that is not working as well as the 2 20mg tablets.. Do you think this is possible?
It has to be, Considering how I have been feeling again..
I had my husband go to Kmart to get me a prescription from them.. They use the manufacturer "Mylan"  I'm going to try those instead to see if they work better.. Has anyone else noticed the difference between the generic brands?
Thanks for reading!!

Bookmark and Share

Offline dreamspirit

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Generic Paxil not working?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 06:14:38 PM »
I can't believe there are no replies to this.. No one has had this issues?
Bookmark and Share

Offline BusuB

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 06:47:07 PM »
I won't say that it's not possible, but if that's your hunch, you can probably ask your provider to specify on the script a particular brand that you trust.  There has been issues with certain generic brands of Wellbutrin XL, but hadn't heard anything about Paxil generics.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nancyga13

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 09:59:31 PM »
There is actually a ***** group about the different brands of paxil!!! https://www.*****.com/groups/1389251141326410/ maybe you can find some help on there.
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 66
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 10:57:36 PM »
I have been on generic Paxil for 16 years or so.. I was on the generic from Walmart which is made by something labs.

Is it International Labs Inc, from St. Petersburg Florida? If so, their generic paroxetine is generally considered to be pretty good. The manufacturer is actually Cadia Healthcare Ltd in Ahmedabad, India. Oddly in light of your experience, they also appear to make the Zydus generic too. Could you have been accidentally supplied with 20mg tablets instead of 40mg?

Mylan is usually pretty good as its Indian subsidiary actual makes the drug. Some generics makers only buy the ingredients from companies like Mylan and compound them.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline dreamspirit

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 12:11:08 PM »
Nope, I am supposed to take two twenty mg pills and that is what I do.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dreamspirit

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 12:14:34 PM »
There is actually a 0409 group about the different brands of paxil!!! https://www.0409.com/groups/1389251141326410/ maybe you can find some help on there.

Yup, That is actually my group lol.. there is not alot of people on there yet.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nancyga13

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 02:57:23 PM »
Oh ok I wasn't sure if that was someone apart of the group or what lol!!!  I get mine from cvs and its made by Aurobindo!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: