Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hey all, introduction  (Read 77 times)

Offline Kainon-theWolf

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hey all, introduction
« on: January 08, 2014, 07:42:16 AM »
Hey everyone, Let me start by introducing myself here.
My names Kainon, I'm 19 years old and suffered from some level of anxiety since my early childhood, It has only been the last few years though that my anxiety had reached a severe and devastating level. One of the first occasions where my anxiety had reached such a level was the series of days I contemplated telling my parents I'm gay. After coming out and eventually coming out publicly via social networking I found my anxiety had gone away at least for the time being. Coming out was one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make but It was a good one for me.

Now, more recently I had developed General Anxiety Disorder, I have had daily panic attacks and didn't eat or sleep much for weeks at a time. I awoke each morning dry heaving and heart pounding, I lost so much weight during those hard months and really began to get scared because I could not keep any food down at all. I was also very depressed and even suicidal during these times.

After all of this I have knowledge of the things that helped me so I thought I would share.
First off and I had heard of this before but being skeptical of its effectiveness I didn't try it nearly as soon as I should have... Banana's I could actually keep these down even with my nausea and I found they lowered my anxiety nearly like Xanax.
Which brings me to what prescriptions have worked for me, Xanax is a miracle pill and shuts off anxiety like a light switch however it is not advisable to take daily or even often. The anxiety med that has worked wonders for my daily life has been Remeron, I have tried Lexapro and many of the SSRI's but they were not very effective at all for me. Lexapro works for many but it takes somtimes 2 months to even start working, Remeron worked within the hour and has worked every day since for the past 8 months.

I hope at least one person could benefit from my story, and I Highly recommend Remeron as an anxiety med It is truly wonderful.
     Best wishes and may we all find peace...
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hey all, introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 09:38:37 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: