Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Like everyone...looking for help....  (Read 95 times)

Offline Fallingpieces

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Like everyone...looking for help....
« on: January 08, 2014, 06:41:59 AM »
So my phobia with having a medical staff member check my blood pressure has turned into a phobia of stepping into the building. The cause of my anxiety is: they don't understand my anxiety. They will pop in to check my blood pressure, ill worry that its gonna shoot up dramatically high. Ill worry about their reaction because i know they dont understand. I fight my thoughts and fears even though i try not to. As a result my bp shoots up. Then they 'ha' and 'hem' over how high it is.

Yesterday i fought getting myself worked up. I imagined inhaling soft pink and soft blue colored clouds and exhaling black. I breathed. The first take was actually pretty good. 130/110. The sys is usually WAY higher than that. Anyway they kept taking it to get a better reading and naturally it went up higher and hogher. I wanted to leave, but i didnt.  I explained to dr riano, who is a very kind and personable doctor that the issue was anxiety and that im not afraid of her or of treatment, but it's the checking of blood pressure and that i know its silly, but that's what it is. Of course she's a dentist not a paychiatrist, so despite my explanation, she tried to assure me that the treatment was simple and i wouldnt feel a thing.

Ive generally stopped feeling anxious every day. This whole issue started when i was displaced and under a lot of stress 4 years ago. I had a major panic attack that lasted less than a minute. I didnt know what it was and it took me a year to figure out that's what had happened to me. No doctor ever said that's what it was. I researched on my own. Afterward i had general anxiety and physical symptoms every day. I read books and talked to a psychiatrist for a short time and figured out how to help myself. The physical symptoms of anxiety that i had when this first became an issue have gone away, because i know what they are. Claire weekes' book has done wonders. It's just this one thing i really want to go away. I just want to feel numb. Id really rather not feel anything. Im tired and i want it to go away!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Like everyone...looking for help....
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 09:39:43 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

anything