Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Extreme pain on inside of left arm- is this from my nanny job? Freaked.  (Read 135 times)

Offline soccerash21

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi all,

Okay, so I started a new nanny job today. The girl is 1, I'm not sure how much she weighs, but she is pretty average size for a 1 year old. I don't even remember holding her that much today, but the inside of my left arm is in excruciating pain. I've nannied a bunch before, and I remember the family that I most recently nannied for had a 1 year old, and I had some pretty awful pains in my arm from him too, but I can't remember if it was in the same place as it is now. It's basically pain on my entire left arm.When I lift my arm up, I have a hard time keeping it held up without it hurting, and even when I don't lift it or anything, I have the pain. I'm freaking out because I know left arm pain  is a sign of a heart attack, so I'm on the verge of a panic attack right now.

Do I just assume this is muscle pain from her? My arms are in fairly good shape- I workout and lift weights, so it just makes me confused as to why this pain would come so fast and suddenly?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Extreme pain on inside of left arm- is this from my nanny job? Freaked.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 08:32:19 AM »
You may have pulled one of the tendons or ligaments located on the inside of your elbow or that attach to your shoulder.  This can happen no matter how fit you are and should go away in a few days.  Try doing some stretching or a hot bath and see if that helps.  Heart attack pain usually radiates from the left shoulder/upper chest and is accompanied by tingling in the hand and severe shortness of breath and crushing chest pain....none of which you have.  Take a deep breath and try to relax, you will be fine!  Hang in there!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: