Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Need some advice!!  (Read 157 times)

Offline Jess0617

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Need some advice!!
« on: January 07, 2014, 10:29:35 PM »
About a week and a half ago I went to the ER with lower left abdominal pain and got a blood test/urine test and ultra sound to find out that I had a ruptured ovarian cyst on my left ovary, and I currently have one on my right ovary that is 1.4ish cms. Five days before my trip to the ER I had sex with my boyfriend and we used a condom and when we had sex my period was already late. At the ER they gave me a pregnancy test and it came out negative and they told me that it's common for missed periods with ovarian cysts. Today I've been feeling very crampy and my boobs are slightly sore, and I now have an uncomfortable heavy feeling in my lower right abdomen and I'm very bloated. I went to the doctor a few days ago and she poked me and said that everything seemed fine. I'm just nervous that I haven't gotten my period yet, I have basically completely missed it. I've been having pretty bad anxiety since I left the ER and have thought many things have been wrong with me to the point where I am sometimes afraid to sleep at night. I read some stories about ovarian cysts causing internal bleeding and it's really worrying me because should a cyst this small be causing discomfort?

Bookmark and Share

Offline Vasallus

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Need some advice!!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 05:56:06 AM »
Do you by chance have PCOS? My girlfriend has it and it causes her these problems, along with the cysts. She's never had a bleeding one, but I can't imagine it'd be too serious because it is so small and it'd probably go into your urine? (I'm a little hazy on my female anatomy, forgive me, just trying to help.)

If the doctors aren't concerned, I wouldn't be. Just keep an eye out for any abnormal bleeding or pain.
Bookmark and Share

Offline psychopika

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Whatever doesn't kill you fucks you up mentally
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 06:01:30 AM »
1.4cm? That's almost nothing - a functional cyst at most, a dominant follicle that appears around ovulation time. There is a possibility that the egg wasn't released form the ovary and perhaps that's why you skipped a period. If your period doesn't show up in 2-3 weeks, see a doctor. But don't worry too much about bad things - sometimes hormones can get out of whack but they usually go back to normal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jess0617

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 07:24:13 AM »
Thanks guys. I've just been freaking out because I get random pains on my right side all the time and I always wonder if there is something else wrong with me that maybe the doctors didn't catch. Right now I have really bad back pain and when I poke my body in random places it hurts so I worry myself to the point were I'm afraid to sleep, it's awful.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: