Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: im back with a swallowing question grrrrr  (Read 184 times)

Offline mel4962

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
im back with a swallowing question grrrrr
« on: January 07, 2014, 09:43:57 PM »
For the past couple weeks,  I've had an odd sensation right after I swallow food.  I can feel it in my back......like the food hits a sore spot in my mid back.    I have no trouble swallowing, its just this sensation ss the food travels down.  Has anyone felt this before? What is it? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Joey8924

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: im back with a swallowing question grrrrr
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 10:15:13 PM »
When you say you can feel it in the back what exactly do you mean? I have had a sensation where I can feel the food go down on the right side of my throat for years. I would say since before I turned 21 and I'm 24 now. I researched it and a lot of people say they have it. It is either an actual disease that's in the mind called globus hysterecus (I'm probably spelling it wrong) it's when people imagine the sensation and it happens. It's all in the mind. Or it could be a form of acid reflux.

I thought mine was a thyroid issue because of the location but I recently had a CT scan of that area for other reasons and nothing came up.

How often does it happen to you? If you are really worried I suggest seeing a doctor. U will feel at peace.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mel4962

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 10:17:36 PM »
I feel the food go down my back. I feel it by my shoulder blade. Not my throat
Bookmark and Share

Offline Joey8924

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 12:55:43 PM »
Hmm. I have never heard of that before. But don't google it because then you will really freak yourself out
Bookmark and Share

Offline tymommy

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 12:55:41 AM »
Yep.ive had that. I actually went through ALL the tests too.if u look at my past posts(if there's a way to)you'll see me asking a very similar question. I am doing ok now,it took several months to go away. Its called esophagitis. Nothing to worry too much about,check with ur dr of course:-) but ya i completely lost my mind when it was happening and trying to describe it to people is hard.  The pain in your back is a referred pain from your esophagus.its like hitting a nerve sorta. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline mel4962

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 09:27:30 AM »
Thank you! Yes it's awful and makes me so anxious! :(. I have been doing so well too and now this! It's always the weirdest stuff too! I googled and it seems a lot if people get this and have no idea what it is either.  Did yours hurt when a burp bubble was wheeling up?  It's so annoying.  Some days I don't feel it much but then the next it's awful
Bookmark and Share

Tags: