Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Wisdom tooth may/may not be infected, terrified that its in my brain  (Read 217 times)

Offline DaveM

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
this is my first bout of real health anxiety...started 3 months ago with MS/ALS/Lymes Disease, I've rationalized all of those away but this ONE thing.

my wisdom tooth game in about 3 years ago and it's definitely impacted, but I haven't had serious problems. Just an occasional soreness that always went away in a day or two, sometimes with a slight sore jaw/throat.

I'm now convinced that all this time it's been infected, and I have one of those rare tooth infections that only hurts a little. And that the pressure in my head, eyes, stuffy ears and recurring styes are really this tooth infection reaching my blood and brain and I'm going to die of it before reaching the dentist this Friday.

Can someone please assure me that there is nothing subtle about a real tooth infection, especially one that hits the brain??? There are people out there who were diagnosed with Cancer today. I feel ridiculous agonizing over a MINOR dull tooth aching.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jmf

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Wisdom tooth may/may not be infected, terrified that its in my brain
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 10:24:13 PM »
I have the same thing going on right now with my lower left wisdom tooth. Been freaking over the pain and called my dentist today. They prescribed an antibiotic to kill any infection but can't get me in til next week! It's definitely frustrating, and every time my tooth aches or a get a twinge of pain... It's on the left side, so my wonderful brain goes right to the heart issues... And the panic begins.... Maybe your doc can prescribe an antibiotic for you so you can get at least a little reassurance that if there is infection, it's being treated....
Bookmark and Share

Offline Swabby

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Wisdom tooth may/may not be infected, terrified that its in my brain
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 12:57:43 AM »
Hi,

Sorry your struggling with this. Mine were impacted for almost 9 years. I finally took up the courage to get IV sedation last Feb and got them out. I was VERY anxious but the process was amazingly easy.

To your question. Mine got infected one time and they got me into the dentist within a day or toe and gave me antibiotics and I was fine.

If your tooth was infected before it even hit your Brain you would be in so much pain you would have plenty of time to react.

Your doing the right thing by seeing the dentist Friday. Take some Advil if your in pain and it will get you thru Friday.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: