Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: anxiety in classroom  (Read 185 times)

Offline sarahjxde

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
anxiety in classroom
« on: January 07, 2014, 07:21:09 PM »
i just started my second semester of my sophomore year monday in college. however, i have bad anxiety while I'm in the classroom. i can't stay still and i always try to distract myself but it doesn't work. i start to feel dizzy and fear of passing out. i can't pay attention to the teacher and i suffer sitting there and constantly think about running out of the classroom as fast as i can. can anyone relate or have any tips?
Bookmark and Share

Offline nobody

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Shameless now nameless now nothing now no one now
    • Poke This Member
Re: anxiety in classroom
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 08:09:49 PM »
I have the very same issue you have, though it only seems to affect me during the winter season, some guys suggested getting a light box that simulates sun light, I'm gonna have to try that out. Other than that, there isn't much you can do (as far as I know) to fix the problem in a blink of an eye, though doing some basic things like exercising, meditation, following a proper diet, getting enough sleep & cultivating positive thoughts & attitude will help you in the long run. Try talking to your classmate during the more severe points of those episodes, it's really the only distraction that's worked so far for me. You could also try vibrating your legs, or do other kinds of repetitive movement to release some of the stress.

It's not much, but I've not found a good solution for this problem yet either, but hey, at least you're not alone, we're in this together & we'll figure a way out of this mess. sometimes I have such bad days that I only show up for 1 hour, during which I have to excuse myself & leave the classroom every 10 minutes, just to calm myself down in the stairway, or the bathroom, look at the mirror & convince myself that everything will be fine, after that doesn't work, I have no choice but to say that I have to go & leave.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Julie A. Cook

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: anxiety in classroom
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 10:41:05 AM »
Stay brave, guy.  The idea of going out to the bathroom, looking into the mirror and giving yourself a little talk certaily is a good idea.  I used to do this.  ALso, maybe having some warm or coldto drink while you're in the classroom.  It has been a bleak winter thusfar and a little warmth and coziness don't hurt, even in a classroom.

Best wishes for q quci kand successful semester, Julie
Bookmark and Share

Tags: