Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Weather + household problems = panic  (Read 105 times)

Offline glavey

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Weather + household problems = panic
« on: January 07, 2014, 01:09:25 PM »
We just got about a foot of snow where I live and last night the temperature got as low as -11 F. Having to snow blow the driveway twice in two days is bad enough with my social anxiety and agoraphobia, but then the kitchen sink stopped draining (I'm thinking frozen sewer pipes), the furnace started acting odd last night, and the house making loud noises (things shrinking/contracting?). I could barely sleep last night; every time I heard a noise I had a near-panic attack. I had my cat sleeping next to me and I hoped she wouldn't leave my bed because then I would just be me, myself, and my nearly-frightened-to-paralysis brain. I eventually somehow fell asleep and had nightmares like I did when I was a little kid.

I, nor my family (I live with my mother for the time being; between jobs) have enough money to have a plumber and/or a hvac tech come out to see if anything is wrong. My mother just started a new job today, but at the moment we only have about $500. I am quite literally... to put it nicely, pooping rocks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weather + household problems = panic
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 03:53:23 PM »
I know how you feel, I live in the Midwest and we had the same amount of snow, my poor husband was shoveling paths all day. One of the pipes in our back porch froze, we put a space heater near it to thaw it out, luckily it worked. I have not been able to leave the house for almost 3 days because my car is snowed in. I went out on the front porch and the concrete steps look as though they got all cracked and are now in need of repair. The wind blew snow into one of the basement window wells about a foot high---when it thaws I hope it doesn't leak in. I can go on and on..

Just keep in mind, all these things are fixable. Good Luck! :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weather + household problems = panic
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 09:08:58 AM »
Hi, just wanted to add....our Pug does not like all the snow or frigid cold, he won't potty outside. So, for the last two days he has left 'presents' on the floor for us! Come on spring!! Hurry up!! :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: