Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pressure behind sternum and excessive burping. What could it be?!  (Read 804 times)

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello everyone - For the last few days I've had this pressure behind my sternum. It's there off and on throughout the day. It's not painful but it feels more like trapped gas behind the sternum/breastbone. When I press on the area, the pressure is relieved and my stomach makes gurgling sounds. I have also been burping a lot when I have this pressure but I will not relieve the pressure.

I have been diagnosed with silent reflux (LRP) by my ENT, but don't have the normal symptoms of GERD. I only feel acid about once a year, but I do sometimes burp up food from time to time (gross I know) if I do a lot of bending right after eating. I also have IBS.

I am just worried that this is a sign of stomach cancer, esophageal cancer, pancreatic cancer, etc.! I've had a normal abdominal ct scan within the last year and just had normal blood work. I have an appt to see my GI doc on the 28th and plan on ask about getting an endoscopy done.

Any words of advice, suggestions, thoughts would be appreciated.
Bookmark and Share
"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline stockwiz

• Mood: Relieved
    Relieved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pressure behind sternum and excessive burping. What could it be?!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 12:47:39 PM »
probably nothing, but avoid getting more CT scans for this kind of thing, just get an endoscopy instead.  Gastritis produces these symptoms especially when under states of stress. Gastroparesis makes gastritis worse and sucks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 01:21:23 PM »
The CT was for something different. I will try and patiently wait for the GI appt and endoscopy. The feeling just sucks. :(
Bookmark and Share
"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 01:57:38 PM »
Gastritis and/or anxiety, nothing dangerous.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: