Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Veggie diet for Silent reflux? (LPR)  (Read 328 times)

Offline Jaybuck151

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Veggie diet for Silent reflux? (LPR)
« on: January 07, 2014, 11:07:02 AM »
I've been having voice and throat problems for about a month now which has been scaring the ***** out of me due to the fact I am a vocal preformer and had to stop my shows and even practicing in general.
My ENT doctor said it's LPR or silent reflux.
I'm not entirinly sold so I am getting an MRI to rule anything else out.

Anyways, the medicine I've been prescribed is supposed to reduce the amount of acid I produce in my body. But after a lot of research I've discovered changing our diet is a huge factor to ease LPR along with the medicine

I'm 20 years old and I eat a lot of fast food, I'm skinny as can be due to my fast matabolism.

But I am going to become a vegetarian for a while to help get rid of the laryngital reflux.

What is a good diet plan for a vegetarian? What should I be eating and what should I eat in place of meat so I don't lose weight. My biggest concern is I'll lose weight which I can't because I'm 6'0 and 130 lbs.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Veggie diet for Silent reflux? (LPR)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 03:29:13 PM »
I'm a veggie and have been for about 12-13 years now since I was in grade 6.

I really do honestly think its a healthier diet in a lot if ways and there is new research now that suggests it's on par with the Mediterranean diet that is known for being healthy. BUT. You have to be prepared to put a bit of work in to start with.

A lot of the time it's pretty easy to substitute something for meat. Beans, mushrooms, meat substitutes like quorn, tofu eggs etc (if you like that kind of thing).

I find it easier to go through a few cook books or taste.com.au (I'm the veggie section) once a week and plan three or four things I'm going to make. Do the shopping for those and try to keep an eye on what  eating the rest of the day. That way evertyhing is still fresh when you cook it :)

It's important to try to vet a variety of veggies to get the different nutrients from all of them and try to slip extra ones in where you can for a boost. Like banana on your peanut butter toast.

I would suggest investigating online first. It is an adjustment but it becomes second nature after a whole. Getting a blood test every six months or so as well for the first couple of years is a good love too to make sure you're getting what you need.

Let me know if you need any help or meal suggestions etc :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: