Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: This Wednesday, in one day I will have the ultrasound I've been avoiding.  (Read 259 times)

Offline Storyweaver

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So I've been on here plenty, and I honestly feel guilty for the amount I've been posting recently. But this Wednesday, so in technically one day, I will be getting an ultrasound on my lymph nodes. If they find any suspicious tissue, there will be a biopsy. Just the idea of the biopsy itself makes my heart race sometimes. I can't stand the idea of waiting for the results.

If I don't have cancer.... this will be the biggest relief of my life.
If I do - I will finally find out and my whole life will change for the worst. I have already decided I would not do chemo and would opt for natural treatment.

Has anyone done a lymph node ultrasound? I have had one swollen node and swollen tonsils for years.  Another popped up this year. I have been avoiding this a long time. What is it like?

Any advice how to get through this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline psychopika

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Whatever doesn't kill you fucks you up mentally
    • Poke This Member
I've had lymph node ultrasounds on my neck. The good part is that they're quick and you'll know whether they look suspicious or not immediately as you can talk to the US technician as you're having it. Stressful though! I wish you good luck - most swollen lymph nodes (the OVERWHELMING majority of them) are benign. Besides if you've had those earlier lymph nodes for years, they're very likely nothing. Often lymph nodes remain permanently swollen and some even get calcified which can make them seem quite hard.

Let us know how it goes!
Bookmark and Share

Offline cravenmobile

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I've had lymph node ultrasounds on my neck. The good part is that they're quick and you'll know whether they look suspicious or not immediately as you can talk to the US technician as you're having it. Stressful though! I wish you good luck - most swollen lymph nodes (the OVERWHELMING majority of them) are benign. Besides if you've had those earlier lymph nodes for years, they're very likely nothing. Often lymph nodes remain permanently swollen and some even get calcified which can make them seem quite hard.

Let us know how it goes!

Overwhelming majority are fine, remember its less than one percent. My heart is with you and I hope it brings you some relief.
Bookmark and Share

Online rileybug

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I havent had any lympgh nodes,but i did have a theyroid nodule biosped.  It wasnt a big deal and didnt even hurt.  The results came back in a few days.  I also was very scared about the whole thing-it was all fine.
Bookmark and Share