Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pancreatic Cancer VERY FEARFUL please help, itchiness, extreme stomach pain  (Read 670 times)

Offline PrinceTuesday

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hey everyone. Two days ago I had an insane experience where my reflux (which I am used to) sort of traveled down my stomach and turned into INTENSE pain that sort of burrowed into my back. I never leave work for anxiety or health issues, but considering I was in so much pain I could not stand, my boss asked me to leave. Of course, I googled my symptoms and boy did that throw me for a loop. I have been having horrible HA for 6 months now due to a fainting episode I had in April 2013. Of course, ALL OF MY SYMPTOMS could be explained by pancreatic cancer. The most concerning to me, strangely, was my all over itchy feeling I have ALL THE TIME which I always attributed to anxiety when I was being reasonable but now it makes total sense it could be from pancreatic cancer since I also have stomach pain, acid reflux, HORRIBLE back pain, itchy skin all over, nausea, loss of appetite, etc. I went to a GI doctor today and he seemed to think nothing was a problem other than reflux due to my age (I am 23 and female) and habits ( I don't smoke, binge drink, eat well, etc). But I am BEYOND terrified since I know it is a very hard thing to diagnose and is often missed for months, especially in young people. I had an ultrasound and some bloodwork done, neither of which are clear diagnostic tools for PC. Does anyone else have these symptoms!? I am GOING INSANE over this no one wants to talk to me, I am at a loss of what to do. Does anyone else have itchiness like this and attribute it to anxiety? Someone please help me.

Thank you, :dazed: :dazed: :fragend005: :fragend005: :fragend005:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Itchiness with PC happens from being jaundice. It's from the build up of extra billirubin in your blood. Are your skin and eyes yellow like a banana? If not, you are not jaundice.

I've been there with the PC fears. It's a tough one to get over!
Bookmark and Share
"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Vasallus

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
The problem with cancers of the Pancreas and stomach and colon is that they can have very general symptoms. However, cancer is also the rarest of all the things that could be wrong, if anything it all. I think you will be okay.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PrinceTuesday

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thanks! Not sure if I am jaundiced, GI doc said I looked normal, but he ran some liver funtion blood tests, would this search for bilirubin in the bloodstream? And I KNOW that the symptoms are general and mimic a lot of things and that is what freaks me out... how did you get over your PC fears?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Vasallus

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I didn't necessarily get over my fears. I just toned them down. Instead of cancer I downgraded it to ulcers, IBS, or GERD. I haven't made it to the doctors yet, but the only troubling symptoms I have are difficulty swallowing and some fluttering in the chest: leading me to believe I have an esophageal ulcer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Prince - liver panel tests include billirubin. As for me, I'm not exactly over my fear of PC. However, I did have a normal CT scan almost a year ago when this all started and in the last year I've had times where I have felt better. I'm thinking that if it was PC, I'd be a lot worse off by know. I still worry it's something else sinister though. HA sucks!
Bookmark and Share
"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline psychopika

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Whatever doesn't kill you fucks you up mentally
    • Poke This Member
At your age, pancreatic cancer is almost unheard of. They'd make a case study after you :)

You symptoms are not specific to pancreatic cancer. But they are quite typical of GERD and Irritable Bowel Syndrome which are very popular among young women under a lot of stress.

Ultrasound does pick up pancreatic cancer unless it's very small - but on the other hand, when it's very small it causes no symptoms.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
It' acid reflux + lot of anxiety. Liver tests include bilirubin, and even high bilirubin is not concerning if you have it always. It's called Gilberts syndrom, I have it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
And yes, US does reveal PC, just not very small which doesnt cause symptoms, like person above pointed out.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: