Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I don't know what's wrong with me.  (Read 85 times)

Offline spektical-face

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I don't know what's wrong with me.
« on: January 06, 2014, 10:03:19 PM »
Hello im becky im 22 and im not diagnosed with anxiety. I go through spells of being totally calm and happy. I certainly don't consider myself to have a nervous disposition but I get so anxious over the most ridiculous things as well as very serious things. I'm scared to open doors in case there is someone behind. I'm scared to look in windows and mirrors and to walk in the dark. My mum always said I had an over active imagination but its gotten worse and worse as I've gotten older to the point where ill have a panic attack at the thought of going to the bathroom at night. Small movements make me jump, noises are the worst.i hear a strange noise and automatically decide that it means the world is ending or something terrible is going to happen. Sheep bleating at night scares me, I worry when I hear loud aeroplanes, I'm scared they are falling from the sky, I panic at footsteps and the wind seems to sound like danger to me. I get scared by certain numbers, I think when I see them it means death or trouble, if I see the same number a few times the coincidence horrifies me. I imagine terrible things and when  feeling most nervous and anxious I can't shake a deep sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I have suffered panic attacks for a few years, I'm feeling particularly sensitive today as I had the worst I've ever experienced before. I found myself trapped in my little washroom with a huge spider and usually I would freak out but cope, but today I freaked out and screamed and cried, stopped breathing and then shook for half an hour after. I've also had awful nightmares this week which isn't helping the feeling or fear I can't shift. I don't have a clue what's wrong with me. I did go to the doctors a couple of years ago when I first decided I couldn't cope but I was told I was too young medications which I was glad for. Does anybody know what's wrong with me?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: I don't know what's wrong with me.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 06:25:22 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: