Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Trying not to freak out - trying to be rational here...  (Read 209 times)

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Trying not to freak out - trying to be rational here...
« on: January 06, 2014, 09:21:34 PM »
So for the past couple of days since we've been home from vacation, I've noticed that in certain places in my house I smell something different. For instance, when I walk past our stairs, I smell feces. Not fun. And today, while watching TV I had an overwhelming smell of feces, that lingered. I have two small children, and hubby couldn't smell anything...also, no diapers were dirty.

Then tonight during dinner, I had a pepsi with our meal. Half way through the glass of pepsi, I noticed that it began tasting "fruity" - definitely not how pepsi is supposed to taste.

So needless to say, I'm freaking out that I'm smelling and tasting things that aren't there/that are supposed to taste differently.

2 years ago I had a CT scan of my brain because I had "phantom smells" and my doctor wanted to rule out a tumor. The scan came out 100% clean. Now I'm worried I have a brain tumor/lesion. I had an unusual bout of diarrhea 3 months ago and after numerous tests including a colonoscopy, my doctor diagnosed me with IBS and put me on medication. The medication worked...but I'm worried it's masking some type of intestinal cancer or lymphoma that has now spread to my brain.

Someone please calm me down. Any experience with this stuff? Am I just being paranoid?
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Trying not to freak out - trying to be rational here...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 09:39:21 PM »
I do want to add that when I "test my smeller" by sniffing a candle/perfume/foods, ect. They smell exactly how they're supposed to.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LillyVDR

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Trying not to freak out - trying to be rational here...
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 09:26:11 AM »
Maybe it is just your phantom smells coming back for no reason. Diarrhea is no symptom of a brain tumor. And if two years ago your scan was clean, than there is probably no way a tumor has grown significantlly since to perturb your sense of smell without causing any other symptoms.

It's always good to check with your physician but I would relax...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: