Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Living A Little...  (Read 105 times)

Offline ericdrobertson

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Living A Little...
« on: January 06, 2014, 06:16:24 PM »
Today I overcame a huge feat by driving my first "big truck". I got a new job as a milk delivery driver and today was the first day I got to try out my new CDL Permit and drive one of the big trucks. I was a little anxious at first but after driving a little while I got calm and was able to enjoy the "manliness" aspect of it.

I think what would help people a lot more is if we started blogging and writing more about our success stories, no matter how small they may be. I mean, If I can write a post every time I have a weird thought or tingle in my finger I am sure I can write one about my little victories. I encourage some you to do this as well. Seeing that someone wit GAD or OCD being able to overcome it for a few minutes to live a little helps me a lot more than reading posts that, the post itself, gives me anxiety. I am in no way downing on that either. I have plenty of posts that are exactly like the ones described but Im make a goal for myself to focus on my victories more than my faults an failures. Like right now, I'm pondering buying a project vehicle, possibly an old Ford truck to restore. I think something like that would be cool.

Also I am quite enjoying the show Alaska: The Last Frontier. I think it would be kind of cool to be more self sufficient and hunt or make a cabin or outhouse. I dont know! haha maybe I am just caught up in the moment.

Peace and Blessings to you all!
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 56
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Living A Little...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 06:54:39 PM »
This is super . . . . congratulations on your first day, your new CDL Permit, driving the big trucks but more than anything congrats on your feeling of accomplishments . . . you are so correct . . . we often hear of victories in retrospect . . . I am of the opinion that there is no such thing as a small accomplishment . . . for me every accomplish is the best for that point in my life . . . I am jealous, however, of your skills in being able to rebuild a vehicle like a Ford truck . . .that would indeed be cool and I hope that you keep us updated as to the project . . . . I may not join you in your enthusiasm for building an outhouse (I am quite attached to my indoor plumbing) but, hey, we're all different . . . thanks for the great posting . . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline SummerSun41

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Living A Little...
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 10:55:24 PM »
You replied to my post and now it's my turn to reply to yours! Haha.

Anyway- I absolutely think journaling or writing things down helps. When my anxiety is pretty bad, it helps me to write down what is bothering me and rationalize it. I kind of write a chart with the thought, what scares me about it or details about it, and then I go through and correct it with rational, positive ideas. For example, I have a big fear that when my fiancÚ and I get married and have a house, that I will not feel comfortable and will be so homesick and want to move back in with my family (we're pretty close). So I write that down, write about what that would be like and how I would feel if that happened, etc. Then the best part: I start a new page or new paragraph and write about what it will actually be like! So for this example, I'd write that I'll love my future house and I'll be very excited to decorate it to my taste, make meals with my FH, hangout and play games there with all of our friends, and have sleepovers with my best friend (fiancÚ!) most nights that he doesn't work.

I hope this helps. In general, I think writing out our issues gives them a lot less power over us!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: