Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: IBS... or maybe not?  (Read 294 times)

Offline emmaanonymous

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
IBS... or maybe not?
« on: January 06, 2014, 06:14:22 PM »
As of three months ago, I started having these weird, hard-to-describe abdominal sensations. I sleep on my stomach and all of a sudden, it felt bad to do so. My intestines feel large and bloated when I lie down on them and have consistently felt so. I went to my doctor to investigate these sensations and he offered IBS as the source of the discomfort. Since that first visit, new symptoms have arisen. Constipated one moment, having diarrhea the next. And when I do have a BM my stools are often soft or dark and twisty like the bark of an old tree. I am having special discomfort on my left side. It feels like theres a brick in my descending colon and a weird heaviness in my left hip. Sitting and lying down consistently bothers me. I poke and prod my stomach to try and get things moving and freak out when I encounter hardness, usually around my bellybutton or between bellybutton and ribcage. When it's not hard, it feels abnormally squishy like a waterbed and responds with loud groaning noises like the wood floors of an old house.

I begin to worry and obsess over these symptoms and go to the doctor again. He prescribes oscimin, but it doesn't seem to help.

The longer these symptoms go, the more I worry about them. Dr. Google hasn't helped either. I'm desperate for relief. My number one fear is pregnancy. I'm on the pill and have not had sex for seven months with consistent periods and no signs of pregnancy whatsoever. When the symptoms started, I took a couple of home tests just to calm my nerves. All came back negative. Logically, I know I'm not pregnant but it plagues me. Also, cancer, diverticulitis, ovarian cysts, etc. Worrying that something is seriously wrong with me only makes it worse and sometimes I feel like I have a band tightening around my waist.

Last night I also started having weird back pain that feels like muscle spasm accompanied by heat radiating. Like a flower blooming. This sensation moves around my whole back but is mostly my lower back and behind my waist.

If anyone has any of these symptoms, ways to soothe them, or folksy wisdom, I'll take any of it. I guess I'm just trying to not feel so alone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline aec711

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Re: IBS... or maybe not?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 10:11:50 PM »
HI,

I know you posted this awhile ago, but I just wanted to say I have the same exact symptoms, but the sensations are on the right side.  Have you gotten any answers yet?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 10:57:10 PM »
It does sound like ibs (which can alternate between d and c.). Did you doc do any tests to rule out other issues?

Taking betaine hcl (digestive enzymes) has helped me a lot.
Bookmark and Share

Offline aec711

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 12:28:27 AM »
HI Lara,

Where do you get your enzymes?  I am glad you posted that. I have been reading about them.  I have been having so many digestive issues lately.  I have tried changing my diet, but not much has helped.  I am sure that anxiety and IBS go together.   I am pretty sure I have the alternating type although I have yet to go to the Dr for it. 
Bookmark and Share