Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: The unlisted symptom: waves of giddiness/exhilaration? Something more than GAD?  (Read 204 times)

Offline DaveM

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I haven't seen this mentioned in detail, and it olls me will fear of some major depressive disorder. When haing a prolonged episode I find it punctuated with brief moments where giddiness and exhilaration was over me like.

Has anyone else experienced this??
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi . . .I can't say that I have had this experience per se . . .we all react to situations in different ways . . . perhaps there is a trigger for your giddiness . . . . is a good sense of exhilaration? Perhaps this might be something to check out with a med professional . . . check back here as there may be others who have had the experience but the closest I come to it was when I was beginning to recover from my anxiety and I would sometimes have insights into what caused my anxiety which helped me get past that phase and I felt so good . . . but, in truth, I would not describe it as giddiness . . . take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaveM

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi . . .I can't say that I have had this experience per se . . .we all react to situations in different ways . . . perhaps there is a trigger for your giddiness . . . . is a good sense of exhilaration? Perhaps this might be something to check out with a med professional . . . check back here as there may be others who have had the experience but the closest I come to it was when I was beginning to recover from my anxiety and I would sometimes have insights into what caused my anxiety which helped me get past that phase and I felt so good . . . but, in truth, I would not describe it as giddiness . . . take care, kc

Thanks I did some looking, and the best description I could find outside of my own, was 'adrenaline rushes', they aren't unpleasant but typically lead to more intense anxiety/panic.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi,

I have had adrenaline rushes in the past and, for me, this was a companion to either a pre-panic attack or a panic attack . . . personally, I find these episodes very disconcerting so I am happy that they have decreased in intensity and frequency . . . hopefully this means that I am managing my anxiety better . . . .  I guess it depends on how each of us sees these adrenaline rushes which affects how we describe them . . .I never would have used the word giddiness or exhileration to describe them . . . . I continue to find it so interesting how our individual perceptions of anxiety varies with our background and experiences . . .thanks for sharing yours . . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lililanny

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I myself haven't had any experience with this. However, I'm currently reading Self-Help for your Nerves by Dr Claire Weekes, and she discusses giddiness as a symptom of anxiety. If you haven't read the book, you should. It is helping me understand my symptoms, and comes highly recommended by lots of AZ members.
Bookmark and Share
Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got - Graffito

Offline ericdrobertson

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I can totally relate to your symptoms . I occasionally have spurts of exhilaration and just feel the need to scream and not in a bad way .  Just pent  up energy I guess. This could be some sort of coping thing. I feel somewhat happy during hole this happens bit I am almost afraid to embrace it because I feel a bit looney haha
Bookmark and Share

Tags: