Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Its happening to me again...  (Read 127 times)

Offline Domsoph

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Its happening to me again...
« on: January 06, 2014, 04:54:24 PM »
I am new to this site. I am out of options. I would be the last person to post stuff on a forum but I will try anything to stop these feelings. This site seems like a lot of great people with what I have. I had Severe anxiety and panic attacks 4 years ago. It was so bad I kept going to ER and even thought I should be emitted to a psyche ward. I even went to a couple to check them out. To much anxiety to even go in? It took about 2 years to even get my anxiety close to being controllable. I still have anxiety every day and small panic occasionally but I functioned. I did the meds and therapy for two years. Nothing since. I have anxiety about meds and therapy now(go figure). I am reaching out because my father just had a stroke a couple days ago and is not doing well. Now I have all the symptoms back. I feel out of control again. I do not need to explain how I feel because I have read a lot of post and you all know. I almost lost everything 4 years ago and I am scared of this again. I need just some sort of relief now because I have  scared myself into not being able to go see my dad with out a panic attack. He may only have days left. What can I do to relax and control this ??
Bookmark and Share

Online kconnors

• Rec's: 51
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Its happening to me again...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 07:08:46 PM »
I am so sorry to hear about your Dad . . . I am not a med professional but from experience, you are trying to manage your own reactions and still be there for your Dad . . . .all of the emotions and fears are churning inside of you . . . I don't have an easy fix except to suggest, other than going to see a doctor for meds (which causes you anxiety but you may only need minimum meds for a very short period of time such as Ativan) to help bridge this time for you, is the following: do you have a close friend who could go with you to see your Dad? Then stay with you afterwards. Are you able to do that even if it is a brief visit? Do you have family that can support you in this? A lot of your anxiety, justifiably so, could be anticipation anxiety because you are anticipating the worse for your Dad and you are unsure of how you will handle it . . . there is the fear entrenched in your experiences four years ago. For me, you will handle it the best way you can and that is the best that any of us can expect from ourselves . . . but, if it is at all possible, have a close friend be with you through this time so you have someone to lean on . . . I know that this posting is not much help . . . I have been through what you are going through with my parents and it is never easy . . . try not to feel that you have to control either your own emotions or your Dad's situation . . . you have to survive them and you have already proven yourself to be a survivor . . . please keep in touch . . . .we will support you as best we can . . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline lexie2006

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 11:26:32 AM »
I know this must be hard for you iv am very sorry you are going through this i used a lot of breathing exercises and journal blogging to get it off your chest.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Domsoph

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 03:00:50 PM »
I have trouble with the breathing exercises because it causes me to concentrate on my breathing. Which is what I always panic about in an attack. Anyone else do this?? Thank you for replying to post. That was my first post I have ever done looking for help. Its nice to know their are others like me...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: