Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Blood Tests-Trust em?  (Read 182 times)

Offline beast216

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Blood Tests-Trust em?
« on: January 06, 2014, 01:38:05 PM »
Hi all

As I read through many posts, I always see people say thinkgs like I ahve had every test in the book, and the doctor always says the results are normal...i just don't believe them.

I too have recently had a health scare (rapid weight loss and vomiting over a two month period) and had "every test in the book."  Comp Metabolic Panel, Hematic Function Test, TSH, EFGR, SED Rate, CK Assay, Hemogram, LDH....all came back normal.

My question is...would something turn up in all of this bloodwork if something was off.  Seems like I am not the only one to think maybe things get missed.  I am just trying to understand what these tests actually will and will not tell a dr. 

i guess I shoudl jsut trust their judgement that the results did not warrant further investigation...but like many of you...just cant
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Blood Tests-Trust em?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 03:17:43 PM »
Thinking tests are inaccurate or doctors have missed something is a key part of health anxiety.

You're not alone in thinking like that but it really is just part of this faulty thinking we all have. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline beast216

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Blood Tests-Trust em?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 05:34:59 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

I guess I should just be really happy that everything comes back normal and if anything major was going on, one of these tests would have revealed something abnormal.

Crazy to think I how I am disappointed they found nothing wrong with me to explain how I feel.  I should be jumping for joy.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: