Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Can't stop worrying!  (Read 192 times)

Offline bbwire

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Can't stop worrying!
« on: January 06, 2014, 01:25:52 PM »
Alright so I've been dealing with anxiety for a year now and it all has to do with the fear of schizophrenia or like psychosis anything like that. My main fear is being delusional, I've been so scared of having delusional thoughts it's horrible and since I've googled and know every symptom of schizophrenia it's like I know almost everyone and my imagination just creates one to test and see if I actually believe it like I'll get the thought "what if ppl are watching me on cameras" then that thought scares me and I'll ask myself "do you actually believe that" and it's like the thought becomes so abstract like the self doubt is so strong that makes me not know what to think about it. I've been to a psychologist and she says I'm just suffering from ocd and that made me feel good then I got on here and seen another delusional thought about "what if everyone is against me" then of course I would ask myself do I actually believe that and it's like deep down I know there not but on top of all the anxiety it just becomes so abstract! I'm really having a hard time can anyone help and give me advice
Bookmark and Share

Online CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can't stop worrying!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 01:45:18 PM »
Hi, fearing that something will happen doesn't mean it will. You're focusing your attention on testing yourself to see if you are delusional or not, but your focus should be on getting a handle on your anxiety. Have you gotten help for your anxiety? Work on your anxiety, that will help you with your fears :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline bbwire

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 02:28:04 PM »
How do I know I am not delusional tho?
Bookmark and Share

Online CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 05:33:46 PM »
If you have to ask you probably aren't. People who are delusional never ask themselves whether they are delusional or not, because their delusions are reality to them. So, my advice would be to seek diagnosis by a psychiatrist so you can get on track for treating your anxiety.

I had a family member who was schizophrenic. When I was younger I worried and worried that I would one day develop it since it was in my family. It was just wasted time worrying because it never happened. Now if you don't have it in your genes your chances of ever getting it are slim to none.

I wouldn't worry about it anymore (I know easier said than done) because you do not sound delusional at all :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: