Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Cant Cope  (Read 246 times)

Offline Nornironhypo

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Cant Cope
« on: January 06, 2014, 06:16:44 AM »
Ive had to phone into work sick this morning as I couldnt sleep at all last night. My fingers have been in agony. As I said on another thread I have been convinced my fingers are changing shape despite being told twice by my GP they arnt. Painful clubbing is almost always lung cancer. My skin infection on my face isnt getting any better either.

Im worried sick I have lung cancer or liver failure or scerloderma. Im awaiting cbc and lft blood results. I just cant cope cant focus on anything and dont want to be near anyone. If this is real I am scared of what it is and if it is anxiety then why am I letting myself get into such a state. I just cant cope anymore.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Cant Cope
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 06:25:25 AM »
Trace your fingers on a piece of paper as closely as you can then cut it out exactly on the line and write the date and time on it.  This will allow you to compare the size of your fingers over time.  I'm sure you will see that they're not changing.  Keep in mind that it won't be exact so you can't go nuts is there is a slight variation in them but you won't likely see is any pattern of growth or change.

Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 06:29:09 AM »
If it is anxiety you will learn how the mind reacts to a thought that you think you have something serious. So if it happens again stop yourself and remind yourself of what you were like this time. The mind is a powerful thing. It can work against us when we are down. But if used right we can make it work for us. If all your tests come back negative you have to accept the results. No thinking the doctors missed something. That is what a lot of people do. They continue to worry. Till you get the results look for things to do. Because what you are doing is called inward thinking. You are feeding your own fears. Making yourself worse. Learn from this. So next time you will know how to deal with the situation.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Nornironhypo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 06:35:01 AM »
Thanks for the replies. Im a 32 year old bloke you have no idea how pathetic I feel about how I am reacting to this.
I really am a quivering mess at the minute. My poor wife has had very real health issues over the past number of years that have mewnt we cant have kids. Mentally she is not in great shape and I am not helping matters. Im feeling so guilty. Guiltty that if there is somethi g seriously wrong with me she will be left alone and guilty that if it is all anxiety that I am making her issues soo much worse.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 08:02:49 AM »
Coping with a real or imagined illness can be debilitating. I would try therapy, medication, self help
books, etc., to try to get your life back on track.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Nornironhypo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 09:51:57 AM »
Just got my blood test results back. CBC normal. Liver GGT was 105 and ALT was 60. Everything else was nornal. Those levels are actually a lot lower than the last time I was tested. He said they are just "my norms" and are nothing to worry about.

If I had cancer or sceleradema that would show something wrong in CBC right? Im shaking as I really thought the bloods would show something.
Bookmark and Share

Offline cravenmobile

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 01:28:27 PM »
Thanks for the replies. Im a 32 year old bloke you have no idea how pathetic I feel about how I am reacting to this.
I really am a quivering mess at the minute. My poor wife has had very real health issues over the past number of years that have mewnt we cant have kids. Mentally she is not in great shape and I am not helping matters. Im feeling so guilty. Guiltty that if there is somethi g seriously wrong with me she will be left alone and guilty that if it is all anxiety that I am making her issues soo much worse.

It sounds like you are overwhelmed with stress. Stress is the grandfather of every single post on here. Keep letting it out and tell others about it. You can work through this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nornironhypo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 10:40:29 AM »
Stress does play a big part of my life. Im still worried about sceleraderma and crest syndrome. My fingers are hurting so much and my face still has the red rash. My feet are freezing too. I dont want to go back to the GP again to get told im a hypocondriac but I just cant settle and feel soo anxious. This sucks
Bookmark and Share

Tags: