Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is it anxiety?  (Read 117 times)

Offline Avery

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is it anxiety?
« on: January 05, 2014, 09:59:28 PM »
Hi, I'm a 17 years old girl and its been a few months I started noticing these ''weird feelings'' and realizing that it's getting worst. I talked with a friend and she said it might be anxiety. I really don't know what to think about that...I have some strange reactions to things that happen even if they're small things. For exemple, when someone cancels something we had planned I really have that feeling and sometimes I start to panic. Usally I start feeling bad and worying about staying alone or worying about some other random stuff and I sometimes start crying. Two weeks ago, I was alone and I don't know why it's like if I started freaking out. I was scared of something but I don't know what, I was breathing really fast and shaking. I think it lasted a little more than half an hour, it really felt unreal. I remember it happened again at school once. Something minor happend but I really started panicking like if I couldnt control myself. Plus, I constantly feel worried for no reason. Another exemple, when my mom is late (or someone else) I usually start worying that she had an accident or something bad happened. I often have nightmares too, almost everynight. Sometimes I'm worying about stuff like meteors crashing on earth or a plane crashing on my house or a tornado or when I'm in the car I sometimes freak out about having an accident. I usually have nightmares about these things. I have dificulty concentrating while doing homeworks or other stuff. I really don't know what to do, what to think about, sometimes I just feel like I want to get out of my head because I can't handle myself... Can someone explain me what is it and if it's really ''anxiety'' ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline melzmoda

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is it anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 04:55:50 AM »
It sounds to me like anxiety it would hurt to start seeing a therapist and maybe talk through your feelings and get to the bottom of where they are coming from.  You are young and I would hate to see you develop GAD now when you can work through what's going on now and get control of it.  Good luck! And btw I have GAD and OCD and panic disorder and all those things you have described happened to me and I'm sure most of us on here. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: