Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Kidney worries  (Read 199 times)

Offline Ssgirl

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Kidney worries
« on: January 05, 2014, 08:14:07 PM »
I haven't been on here in awhile because I was sure I got my anxiety under control. Just a few months ago I was obsessing over having breast cancer, and diabetes.
I had my blood checked with my doctor and everything came back fine. A few weeks later I decided to get a life insurance policy... And I had to get my blood work and urine checked in order to get covered for the policy. Everything came back normal except my creatinine levels. They were slightly above the average range. I immediately emailed my doctor... Her response was that she wasn't worried because I just had the same test done in her office and everything came back fine, and that I should avoide Motrin and all other NSAIDS. So that made me feel better... Kind of. Why would I have to avoid NSAIDs if everything was fine?
Last week I started scratching my thigh.. It was really bothering me. I went to the bathroom to check it out and there were a bunch of red bruise like spots.. It was as if a blood vessel popped under my skin. Of course I googled to see if it was related to my creatinine. I read that itching can be a sign of kidney failure. And now here I am, itching my whole body non stop.. And freaked out my kidney is failing.
I don't know if its in my head. Most likely it is, since I was so sure I had breast cancer recently too.

Anyone have experience with higher levels of creatinine? Any advice would be appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ssgirl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Kidney worries
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 06:20:54 AM »
Anyone? :(
Bookmark and Share

Online Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 10:15:58 AM »
When I had blood work done in march my level was also slightly elevated only one point over the "normal" range! My doctor reassured me it was nothing at all and not to worry! I also had a urine cast so I was convinced something was wrong with me because the only 2 things wrong were kidney related. She also reassured me that the cast I had was completely normal and seen often in healthy people especially those who do not drink enough water which is me. So here I am almost a year later with no kidney problems. I would say you are totally fine. I often think when you go looking into things like blood test you are bound to find something off once in a while even in completely health people. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline cravenmobile

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 01:18:50 PM »
Here is my understanding of it from a pre-hospital care point of view.

If you had renal failure you couldn't pee to save your life, or it would be very little volume. All that fluid that your body cant get rid of would back up in your body in the form of pedal edema or in the abdomen. I have only seen one guy with kidney failure, and he was in really bad shape.
Bookmark and Share

Offline cravenmobile

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 01:24:31 PM »
When I had blood work done in march my level was also slightly elevated only one point over the "normal" range! My doctor reassured me it was nothing at all and not to worry! I also had a urine cast so I was convinced something was wrong with me because the only 2 things wrong were kidney related. She also reassured me that the cast I had was completely normal and seen often in healthy people especially those who do not drink enough water which is me. So here I am almost a year later with no kidney problems. I would say you are totally fine. I often think when you go looking into things like blood test you are bound to find something off once in a while even in completely health people.

That is completely true. I don't think I have ever gotten a blood test in my life where everything was 'Normal'.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 04:00:50 PM »
SSgirl - My moms kidneys failed in 2012. She stopped peeing, was never more nauseous in her whole life, and was throwing up. Her creatinine level was over 7 something. There was NO mistaking that something was wrong with her! Her kidney failure ended up being acute and caused by a prescription medicine that her doctor had put her on. Her kidneys totally have healed themselves and she's fine today.

Your slightly out of range creatinine levels are no cause for concern. Every lab is different and every range that the lab uses is different! I always have something out of range when I get blood work done.
Bookmark and Share
"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tags: