Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Help..Plz..Palpitations and Anxiety are driving me nuts  (Read 201 times)

Offline Lala956

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Help..Plz..Palpitations and Anxiety are driving me nuts
« on: January 05, 2014, 07:27:58 PM »
I donít know what to think anymore.. I'm a 26 year old overweight female.. About 2 months ago I had aome blood work done and although high it wasn't all the bad.. been taking meds and have to go for a follow up sometime this month.. any who for exactly a week now I've been having an anxiety episode.. thanks to news and watching how the h1n1 is killing ppl well I had to get a flu shot to feel somewhat more at ease.. didn't really work because my mind keeps playing tricks on me. I've been experiencing palpitations all week and it's driving me crazy .. I have checked my blood pressure and pulse and it's in a normal range .. I'm thinking about going to the doctor soon because I also feel some pain on my left neck pain and I'm scared ut could be related to the thyroid.. but anyways does any one else get palpitations?? I feel my heart beat but I just tough my chest and I donít actually feel it.. someone anyone please help me out here.  I always feel scared mostly of things I see on the news about illnesses and recently about aliens and government plans to take over the world... please someone tell me if you're also experiencing something like this.  I donít have anyone to really talk to about this.  :( HELP
Bookmark and Share

Offline sba83

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help..Plz..Palpitations and Anxiety are driving me nuts
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 04:11:22 AM »
I think most people on this site have dealt with those darn palpitations.  And scary as they can be they're usually harmless.  In addition to being caused by stress,  they can be triggered by dehydration/lack of electrolytes like potassium.  Eat a banana or sip on some gatorade.  If that doesn't solve it you probably need to shut of the tv and turn on some relaxing music to unwind.  The news is always horrible and most of it we just don't need to hear.   Other than weather is there really anything on the news that you just have to follow?  I wouldn't worry about aliens or government plans to take over the world, they're always seems to be some imminent threat that just never develops, put your faith in yourself and not in the attention seekers on television.   Your anxiety will lessen, Im sure of it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lala956

• Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help..Plz..Palpitations and Anxiety are driving me nuts
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 12:18:11 PM »
So then mostly everyone on here has felt what I feel? Sometimes I think I'm going crazy :( I feel them but when I touch I donít I guess sometimes I just think too much about it... I also feel as if my chest were empty other times as if I had a bulge in my throat.. it's awful.. its been a week and I just can't seem to fully relaxed.. I don't watch the news anymore nor read them I actually did away with a lot of ***** sites I had for news ..  :( :( :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: