Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: How do I get my mind back  (Read 180 times)

Offline Dpunicorn

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
How do I get my mind back
« on: January 05, 2014, 05:14:43 PM »
When can you exactly know if you're going crazy. I honestly 100 percent think that I am going insane. I am at my wits end and I just cant comprehend what is going on anymore. My sense of self is completely wiped from my brain. I have no idea who I really am. I have had severe depersonalization for the past few months now and I think it has destroyed my brain. I just dont understand life anymore. I feel so distant and out of my mind. I used have this little part in my brain that reminded me that I'm still sane. It was like a little peace of me that kept me sane and it disappeared for some reason and now I think im crazy now. There is no part in my brain anymore that was the old me. I feel like a whole different person. I dont know what pushed me over the edge. I dont know if its my terrible sleeping schedule. the fact that I never leave the house or this cold that Im fighting off. What do you guys think? Do you think I can get that old piece of myself back and how? Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Appleseed

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Life is what you make it.
    • Poke This Member
Re: How do I get my mind back
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 05:56:40 PM »
It takes time, I've been there and done that and its not an easy road to follow. First you have to focus on overcoming this cold and take care of yourself. Do things that make you happy even if the feeling doesn't last long keep at it. Not leaving the house isn't helping your state of mind. There is only so much advice I can give but you should consider counselling/psychiatrist, being able to talk to someone about how you are feeling and getting expert advice back. You can get that old piece of yourself back by hard work and time :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline satrap

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: How do I get my mind back
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 07:01:29 PM »
I think you can recover, with medicine, discipline, and time.  I am going thru what to me seems like severe anxiety but is not as bad as what you're feeling.  I suffered from a major depressive episode at age 42 which was 'cured' by 20mg/evening of Citalopram, but my current episode of depression and anxiety has been a tougher nut to crack.  If you need quicker responses, I'd recommend going up to the chat room to get some generic advice and hear stories from like-minded sufferers.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: