Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Fears of MS? Read!  (Read 290 times)

Offline Id Smash

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Fears of MS? Read!
« on: January 05, 2014, 02:20:47 PM »
If you have a fear of having MS please read.

I am a raging hypochondriac who was diagnosed with MS in 2002. Since being diagnosed, I've been on medication. I am going on 11 years of taking daily injections for MS. In these 11 years I've had ONE, yes one, flare up involving my vision. This flare came after the birth of my son in 2012. Woman with MS have a higher chance of having a flare post partum. I lost vision in my left eye for two weeks. It came back 100%. Was it torture? Sure! But I'm alive and can see.

Having MS is not a death sentence. Actually, you would never know I had it if you didn't know me. I live a normal life (whatever "normal" is). It's like having diabetes or high blood pressure. If you take medication and take care of yourself you'll be fine. Don't get me wrong, there are people with severe forms of MS. However, it's very rare and usually occurs in people who were diagnosed when they are older than 40. And even with a severe diagnosis, there is STILL treatment. It's not like having a malignant tumor. I have minor symptoms here and there such as numbness or tingling but that could be my anxiety. Out of every illness I've had over the last 7 years (and I've "had" them all), the one real illness I do have doesn't bother me.

The next time you're having a bad day, your legs go numb and you start to panic about having MS, think of my story. Say to yourself "Hey self, even if I do have MS i'll be fine".
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fears of MS? Read!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 02:29:45 PM »
Sry for your illness :( I currently have MS fear but it is of PPMS, the worst kind. So like with other diseases the fear is usually of the worst type. Health anxiety sucks.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: