Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Do other people have this?  (Read 361 times)

Offline tobturn

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Do other people have this?
« on: January 05, 2014, 01:57:23 PM »
Hey everyone,

For some odd reason since the thought of disfigurement popped up in my head, and how getting severely disfigured would ruin my dream to be a respected and admired person and actor, for a long time I could not get it out of my head.
Every time I wanted to take steps to pursue my career, I'd think: yes, but what if I get disfigured? That would ruin everything!

This thought made me really scared, and I just couldn't get it out of my head. It totally stopped me from following my dreams.
I'm not scared of getting disfigured anymore, in fact it only lasted for about a week, but the thing I don't understand is WHY this thought made me so scared. It's a total irrational fear, and I've never had these kind of fears! It could be anxiety but I just cannot find anyone with a similar fear! This one came out of nowhere  :fragend005: It doesn't fit the description of any anxiety disorder... It's not a phobia either because I wasn't scared I'd get disfigured per se, the fear is only present when I think of pursuing a career as an actor, following my dreams etc. Only when I took steps to pursue my dreams, the fear returned!

Do you or do you know someone that has a fear similar to this one? Just out of the blue, totally irrational, that doesn't fit the description of any anxiety disorder?

Take care  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Do other people have this?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 06:18:55 AM »
If you have a dream you will think of ways that dream will never come true if you are thinking in a negative way. That is exactly what you are doing right now. If a person wanted to become a piano player they just might have bad thoughts of injuring their hands. Thus failing in their dreams. I think we can be our own worst enemies at times. We look for the negative when we have dreams of something good. But stay positive. I don't think anything bad will happen to you. Just a bad intrusive thought popping into your head.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: