Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: partial seizure/epilepsy question? vein abnormality on left side of brain  (Read 231 times)

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi.... does anyone on here have epilepsy or seizure disorder or mild partial seizures and if so is there anything wrong with your temporal lobes on MRI? I ask this because on my brain MRI i have a developmental venous anomaly in my left temporal lobe. I wonder if that's what is causing twitching and sleep issues ive been having for a long while now. I only had one true seizure when i was 19 but i never told anyone because i was fine when i woke up and i didn't think it was a big deal. And as far as the facial twitching, i wonder if it's because that DVA is sitting on a facial nerve irritating it or something. I googled sleep disorders and i am consistent with advanced sleep phase disorder... for over a year now, i fall asleep around 7 and wake up every morning around 4 am and it is really annoying. I can't force myself to stay awake at night, because i am walking in to things, cant drive when i get like that, and ill just keep nodding off right in the middle of talking to people. It sucks and is ruining my social life, but when the tiredness hits i have no control over it. I want to try to break the cycle... i have one of those OTT lites that emits UV rays from the sun, i am going to start using it to see if i can change up my sleep cycles to a more acceptable time... i would like to stay up until 11  or 12 and wake up between 6-7.... the workweek doesn't help at all but there is nothing i can do about that... i havne't talked to the neurologist yet but i have all these questions for him
Bookmark and Share

Offline neliss32

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
  I would see a neurologist for something like this.  Maybe get a sleep study done, or some medication they could give you.  One seizure could be a one time thing.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ok thanks!!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: