Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: anxiety and insomnia are really bad  (Read 562 times)

Offline amist

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
anxiety and insomnia are really bad
« on: January 05, 2014, 04:38:32 AM »
Someone please help.  I have a history of having bad cases of insomnia and anxiety which occur every 3-4 years.  I have been prescribed Zoloft 100mg and Clonazapem (for about a month before the Zoloft kickis in.  Starting on Thursday I was having panic attacks because I could not sleep and feared the fact that I could not sleep.  By the way, I have been off Zoloft for  year.
I went to see my doctor and she told me to go back on the meds which I did.  I take .25 mg of Clonazapen during the day and tool .50 mg tonight at 11:00.  As soon as I went to bed my anxiety level skyrocketed and a fear that since the Clonazapen is not working that there is no hope for me.  My anxiety is so bad I do not know what to do.  Is there any hope.
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: anxiety and insomnia are really bad
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 06:34:39 AM »
There is plenty of hope. The worst thing you can try and do is force yourself to sleep. When we do that we get frustrated at ourselves. Once we get that way there is no going to sleep. I think by now you have linked anxiety to sleep. So when you go to your bed you expect anxiety to happen. This is one thing you have to try and change. Going to bed does not have to mean anxiety. Maybe a radio in your room. Soft music. No matter what happens don't move. Stay in bed. Anxiety is just a lot of bad feelings. It can't really harm you. Odd as it may sound if you give into it things do become easier. What is the worst thing anxiety has ever done to you? I accept bad feelings. But you are still here. We all are. Yet we have all had bad anxiety attacks. Jump onto you tube. Look for some breathing exercises. Learn from them. Put them into action. Make them work for you. The answers are all there with you. You just have to believe in yourself. That you can do this. I also accept at night thoughts float around in our heads a lot more. Hence the radio. Something to focus on. I listen to one every night of the week. Helps me go asleep. If I can't sleep I still stay in my bed. I never try and force sleep. It may take a bit of practice. But it can be done. Trust in yourself a bit more.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline amist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 07:06:48 PM »
Thank you
I have had this happen to me a number of times.  My doctor prescribes Zoloft and Klonopin.  The Zoloft always worked and then I go off it and it comes back.  I went of Zoloft a year ago and I was fine for a year.  Then it hit me again.  I'm afraid to go to sleep because i fear that I won't sleep.  I have leg shakes and am just scared.  I also have OCD pretty bad, hence the thoughts,  I'm hoping that the Zoloft will help me again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Alvie22

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 11:47:02 PM »
Same thing happened to me last week. I had a hard time going to sleep and staying asleep. It had never happened before and I slowly began to be afraid of it, I began to dread when the night time came cause I was afraid of not being able to sleep. My doctor prescribed me clonazepam and it seems to have been doing the trick. I am like you, however, I fear each night because I am afraid I might not be able to sleep. But you know, if I am, I just lay there, think about random stuff, and next thing I know, I am waking up to the sound of my mother making breakfast in the kitchen (my room is next to the kitchen). I think it's just a matter of relaxing, and not forcing yourself to sleep. I, myself, watch youtube or netflix before sleep and sometimes find myself awake the next morning with my laptop in sleep mode next to me. a couple days ago, I was typing while feeling drowsy, and in the morning I woke up to an unread note, with a page full of the letter "I". let me tell you, that note was looooonnnnggggg. So if anything, the medicine should help you. and don't ever worry :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: